Original topic:

Samsung/Android pay problem

(Topic created on: 11-04-2017 11:44 AM)
MikeReg
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi,
I bought an international unlocked Galaxy note 8 from Samsung store in Thailand. I live in Canada It was working fine but everytime i had to restart it i was getting a message that in-order to be more compatible with my Carrier services i need to do a factory reset. Do i did a factory reset. After the factory rest I noticed that i don't have Samsung pay i couldn't even find the app on Galaxy app store or Google Play. So I downloaded Android pay. But when i run the app it gives me a message that i have rooted my phone! Samsung pay was working properly before, it doesn't work now. All i did was a factory reset. I did another reset but it still didn't work. During the second reset i noticed i was not getting any messages in Thai as i was getting the during the first factory reseI downloaded root checker and it tells me my phone is not rooted. i noticed that on play store settings my note 8 says that my device is NOT Verified? Does anyone know what's wrong with my phone
Thanks,
Mike
2a540bfe-d78e-49d1-893c-573e0bae6d19.jpg
cc30a2f5-2777-4e05-9496-59b415d8fac1.jpg
8ad01a7e-5894-4503-89fd-220a9a50e081.jpg
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Turn off your phone hold volume up and bixby button and than turn on your phone while holding those button.
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
While booting in recovery you will see no command and than actual screen will come up. Select wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache. Than restart.
0 Likes
MikeReg
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
i did it this way 2 times and both times i had the problems...
0 Likes
MikeReg
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
this way the firmware stays the same
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
Yes I know I don't know what happened with smart switch. Samsung seems to removed reinitialization process. And your phone isn't Qualcomm so Canadian version cannot be used on your phone.
0 Likes
MikeReg
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
i remember the very first time i turned on my phone it was in Thai. so it should have been thai firmware. it is still spanish Chile...😂6134f4ca-1c91-4a88-8438-3263afaf0bdf.jpg
0 Likes
MikeReg
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
just finished setting up... same problem exists...
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
R u willing to try odin 3 manual way to install new firmware
0 Likes
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
When you go to phone Info you'll see CSC tab take screenshot and post it will give info on which country it's on. I'll get link to firmware and step by step instruction to manually flash new firmware.
0 Likes
MikeReg
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
is it going to void the warranty? will i be able to use Android pay and Samsung pay?
0 Likes