Original topic:

Samsung broke the Note 20 Ultra?

(Topic created on: 03-19-2024 12:06 PM)
verko
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Seeing this alot on forums. Not sure where to share my expirence. But since my phone updated it's One UI to 5.1, my phone drops and switches between 5G, LTE, 4G etc. I have done a factory wipe, same problem minutes after.

My apologizes if this isn't the place to post this. I just don't know what to do with this Ultra phone from Samsung.
0 Likes
18 Comments
SgtStubby
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
Yikes. My Note 20 ultra camera got broke from an update and so did others that noticed the camera had focus issues immediately after an update. Not cool
verko
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
Agreed. Very not cool indeed. For my part, data was working in 4G, which is a first. But I have better success when the phone stays on LTE or LTE+. Which it is now. Fingers crossed it stays, and I just have a normal experience.
0 Likes
SgtStubby
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
I know I switched from 4g lte to 5g on my s23U and my speeds were worse on 5g
Depending where I was in the house it bounced all over from 5g down to next to no signal
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Sounds more like a Network Coverage issue than anything wrong with the device. 

Try using this app, Open Signal to see what the coverage is like in your area. 

You can also see the Cell Towers that you are connecting to. 

Screenshot_20240320_090207.jpg

Screenshot_20240320_090516.jpg

0 Likes
verko
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
I'm connected to a tower 1km away as I live next to a mall.1710940490876_1710940490870_0.jpg
0 Likes
verko
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
That's exactly what is happening here. In the middle of my city.
0 Likes
SgtStubby
Active Level 8
Galaxy Note
5G is just a big lie as far as I am concerned. Just a gimmick to get more money. Sure it might work in downtown Toronto but we're paying for them to have the best cell service
verko
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note
It's also a battery killer. Unless I'm producing 4K content out in the wild(or something else data heavy), I don't see the point.
DrMobz9
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note
Have the same exact issues, both the camera focusing and the networking signal. Same device as yours . Galaxy Note 20 ultra