Original topic:

samsung pass asks for password twice

(Topic created on: 09-20-2021 10:24 AM)
lyiacus
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi have issue with samsung pass 

it ask me to sign in and i do it ask for password and it accepts then when i try to use or save a new password or set up an app like samsung pay it asks to confirm password however it will not accept the password again.

i have trierd resetting password and this does not work please help

16 Comments
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, We request you to register an Error Report from the Samsung Members app by attaching the system logs.

Open the Samsung Members app>> Menu >> Support >> Send feedback >> Error Report >> Send system log file.

The error report it will be reviewed by the appropriate country support team associated with his Samsung account email address which was configured in Samsung Members, they will help further.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

You realise that they are in the UK, with an Australian device, right? 

0 Likes
lyiacus
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

I live in the UK 

if i reset to factory settings  will loose everything

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

If you backup your phone with smart switch, you *SHOULDN'T* lose anything, But everything stored on the internal storage will be wiped. Smart Switch is supposed to be able to restore everything that was saved there. However I always copy everything that I absolutely do NOT want to risk losing to the external sd card before I Factory Reset.

After you have Factory Reset, your phone will be as it was when you first received it.

If you're using 2-Step verification on your phone, you may want to disable it before you factory reset as well. 

You'll need your passwords & login information.

When you restore your phone with smart switch, it takes some time to complete depending on the number of apps etc, smart switch doesn't backup apps, just the apks for your apps, which is in part why it takes time to restore.

Things like settings, documents, photos SHOULD be restored by smart switch as well.

Bottom line is that you SHOULDN'T lose anything. But having more than one backup location is never a bad idea, just in case. 

0 Likes
ScubaReg
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Hi, I have the same problem. was this ever resolved? 

0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi, can you confirm if you have done backup and reset? If not, here are the steps to backup your data:

Backup from Samsung account--Apps > Settings > Cloud > Backup > Select the data > Back up now.

Backup from Google account--Apps > Settings > Backup and reset.

Here are the steps for factory reset, Settings>>General management>>Reset>>Factory data reset>>Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Reset>> Delete All.

0 Likes
MichelleTou
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Hi  ... I found a solution! (for me that is)

I experienced the same thing, and after hours of pain and almost factory reset ... I figured it out.  It is actually so lame. 

The first password is for your Samsang account. It works. Then ...

The second password,  where it says "Enter your current password" ... is poorly worded  .. because I (and everyone else in this thread, buy the looks of it) put in my Samsang account, again  ...and it Fails.

Except what it SHOULD say is "Enter you current DEVICE password" . In my case my device and samsang account passwords are different. I tried it purely by fluke, after over 2 hours of messing around, and clearing data and cache and a lot of other things.

Simply enter your device password on the second attempt. Not your Samsang account password.

0 Likes