Original topic:

Samsung's My File app

(Topic created on: 12-22-2020 06:27 AM)
Albatal
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Why is it every time I open My Files app I'm asked to add One Drive to My Files? This is getting obnoxious. I can understand it asks once, but every time. Samsung's app are getting as annoying and ridiculous as Google's. 

0 Likes
6 Comments
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
because Samsung has partnered with Microsoft and moved Samsung cloud over to one drive. so soon you would be able to use Samsung cloud and only one drive
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

I have both One Drive & Google Drive added to Samsung's My Files app, but I haven't connected either of them to My Files. I never see any prompt to add One Drive. The point is adding One Drive gets rid of the prompt, & you may be eligible for more than the standard amount of storage in One Drive by signing up for it now.

As you can see from the screen shot, neither is connected, only added. 

Screenshot_20201222_101129.jpg

vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
I personally think samsung isn't closing s cloud down. I think it's a tactic for ms and Samsung to both get information. it's been over a year they been saying this.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

I wouldn't be surprised if you are right! Seems like Samsung is not hesitant to sell our information to anyone. It's pretty disappointing to see all the ads in system apps & skimping on accessories. I was lucky, when I ordered my S20 Ultra from Rogers, I was surprised to find both wired earbuds & Samsung's bluetooth galaxy earbuds included! 

Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi Albatal,
@Habsfan, you are correct. Samsung Cloud is being decommissioned as we migrate to Microsoft OneDrive. Depending on the device there will be able to sync directly to OneDirve and link their Samsung Account with their OneDrive account to better manage cloud storage. For this reason, you are asked to add One Drive to My Files in order to protect your device data.
Thanks to Habsfan and RedDogRabbit for your information.

0 Likes
Albatal
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
I can understand if I was using Samsung's Cloud storage for whatever, but I don't.
0 Likes