Original topic:

screen burn in?

(Topic created on: 07-24-2019 01:50 PM)
300kc
Active Level 7
Options
Galaxy Note
I'm looking for opinions here as I'm not sure what is going on with my screen.  I noticed yesterday that I have some weird orangish/tan blobs on my screen. I'm not sure if it's screen burn in so I'm looking for opinions. I usually keep a black wallpaper as part of my set up and Allways run dark mode. If you think it's not burn in can you suggest what it could be as I'm clueless. I've had my note since end of November 2018. I switched to a light wallpaper for the photo to make it more visible, but to be honest I'm not sure it helped.

0 Likes
10 Comments
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
lol@screenshot

Blues are bad for screens. it's the most powerful color when it comes to LED screens and burn out quickest. you should always use auto brightness and rotate backgrounds (or use a live background like myself) and icons/widgets. also have a screen-on timer of less than a minute. these are all things that will help prevent burn-in
0 Likes
300kc
Active Level 7
Galaxy Note
The interesting about this is with the exception of the live wallpaper I do everything you suggested. I even keep my blue light filter on always.
0 Likes
Kush008
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
software update may be
0 Likes
hekyla
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I have the s9+ (so it's similar to the note) but I believe they both use the AMOLED screen, so they can create a burn in effect after awhile. I have a slight burn in line from using my phone, the only real solution is to replace the screen (but I believe even that affects the iP rating) you can use dark wall papers and night mode to reduce the strain on the affected pixels.
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy Note
if you replace the screen at an authorized Samsung repair center, they keep the IP rating intact
0 Likes
hekyla
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
ah its not that bad, I can slightly notice it If im scrolling a white background on high brightness, so I just put up with it. I'll have to look into how much a replacement is if it keeps the ip rating the same.
0 Likes
mohdjundii
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
Hi
0 Likes
mohdjundii
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
My screen of my Samsung Note 9 was broken, how much it cost to change it
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
About 300$+tax. Curved HDR10 QHD+ SuperAMOLED displays aren't exactly affordable. Especially those with minimal curvature like the Note9
0 Likes