Original topic:

Things to know before updating your Note10 + to One UI 3.1

(Topic created on: 03-16-2021 07:55 PM)
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
ONE UI 3.1 around March 23 (Telus schedule) 

2 videos to tease you

The Good

The Bad 
https://youtu.be/IeW1k1ay-YM

Now, make your decision 

12 Comments
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
So the bad is that not every feature on the S21 will come to the Note10+? I mean it's not all bad, there will still be some small changes here and there that'll get added in.

Also, the Note10+ will most likely get a lot of these features in the One UI 3.5 update anyway.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

@BDTech

do you have any link about 3.5 (not youtube link)

0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
I don't sadly, but I remember that with One UI 2.5 the Galaxy S10 got some S20 features that it was missing from One UI 2.1

Also, Director's view is confirmed to come to S20 on One UI 3.5, I saw it on Samsung Members Korea. Not sure if S10 series will get it though.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Do you think new features availability is depends on phone hardware? Like Director feature, will S10 hardware compatible with it? But Director feature should be able to handled by Note20 series, but missing on recent 3.1 update is a bit disappointed.
0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
It has to do with the ISP (image signal processor) in the Snapdragon 888, I believe only that one supports 3 camera streams at once so I wouldn't hold my breath on it coming to older phones.
Galaxy Note
That's true.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
That make sense, my wife's Note10+ didn't get the object eraser. Maybe later UI will come with it due to key feature for S21.
0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
Nah it's a hardware feature. The phone is running 4 cameras at once, it takes a lot of processing power to do that. I wouldn't count on it coming.
0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy Note
No. The S21 constantly records all 4 cameras, it gives you a live view of all three cameras all the time while you're recording the video.
0 Likes