Original topic:

Ads on Weather app.

(Topic created on: 04-02-2021 07:56 AM)
Deepriki
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
How do I stop adds popup in the samsung weather app. Its frustrating and disturbing. I have opted out of all ad choices and marketing choices I could find, but still ads popup when I open the weather app.
0 Likes
14 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Turn off personalized ads

When you first go through the setup process on your new Samsung Galaxy device, there’s a nifty little box that allows you to opt into personalized ads. If you’re like us and just want to get to the point of using your new phone, it’s possible that this was enabled just to speed up the process. Luckily, you can dive into the Settings app and turn these off.

Open the Settings app. Scroll down and select Privacy.Tap Customization Service. Next to Customized ads and direct marketing, tap the toggle to the Off position.

This won’t completely stop ads from appearing in different apps, but instead, your Galaxy phone will no longer be able to track your location or messages. When enabled, Samsung makes use of this information to provide customized ads for your interests. Instead, not only will you see fewer ads overall, but it won’t feel as much like your phone is tracking your every move anymore.

Turn off marketing ads

Samsung doesn’t stop at just throwing ads and annoying notifications in your notification shade. Nope. You’ll find some ads strewn throughout various applications promoting some new product or another app from within the app you’re using. These can be turned off, although it will mean that you have to go into each app specifically in order to opt-out of the Marketing notifications.

In this example, we’ll be using Samsung Health.

Open the app you wish to turn off ads for. Tap the hamburger menu icon in the top left corner. Tap the Gear icon in the top right of the Sidebar. Next to Marketing notifications, tap the toggle to the Off position. Turn off promotional ads and notifications

We’ve already touched on the annoying promotional ads that can appear out of thin air. You won’t get a notification, but sure enough, you’ll swipe down to check your notifications and it’ll just be sitting there at the top. Of course, this is to try and get you to tap into it to check out whatever “enticing offer” is being presented. But this another instance of just getting unnecessary ads and notifications off of our phones.

Open the Settings app.Tap Notifications.Tap More.Tap Most Recent at the top of the page.Select All from the drop-down list.Scroll down and locate Galaxy Store.Next to Promotions, tap the toggle to the Off position.Repeat for Samsung Push Service and Samsung Pay.
Open the Settings app.Tap Notifications.Tap M
Unfortunately, there’s no “one-method-serves-all” way to go about turning off these promotional ads. Instead, you’ll have to go into the different Samsung apps and disable them all manually and individually. The process isn’t a complicated one, but it’s something that we shouldn’t have to do to begin with.

0 Likes
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
You cannot turn off the ads.
0 Likes
Deepriki
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Done that, did not work.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Real pain for us..$$$$ for them

Deepriki
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Agreed. I used a Honor device before. Never seen a single ad popup in 4 yrs.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Samsung shows ads for more money 💰. But they say it's "to keep their services free". but I don't think that's the real intention. It's just another way for samsung to make more money.
0 Likes
Deepriki
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Oh, yes, for sure, I am just thinking, if I made a mistake switiching to Samsung.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
For the most part samsung hardware is okay. However samsung really degrades a lot of their services because of the ads. But the beauty of Android is choice. For instance I use samsung e-mail client and samsung calendar because I Genuinely like it and they haven't put any ads in there. However most of the Samsung services that have ads in them require some sort of Internet connection to function for the most part. But like I said the beauty of Android is choice. You can choose what ever service does the best for your needs.
0 Likes
h0h0h0
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Disable the app and download weather Canada app,free and no ads