Original topic:

Phone acting up

(Topic created on: 08-16-2021 04:11 PM)
dkolish
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
For the last 2 weeks when I am talking on my phone it keeps beeping and opening up pages, it flips open my notification pages and also silences my phone. What the **bleep** is going on and how can this be fixed please? Thank you
2 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Sounds like the Proximity Sensor isn't working properly. When you're on a phone call, you are inadvertently operating apps as the phone makes contact with your face. 

Is the screen turning off during phone calls?

You can test it using the Samsung Members app under the "Help" icon. 

Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, please try the suggestions provided by RedDogRabbit and get back to us with the results. Thanks for the response, RedDogRabbit.

If the issue still persists, go for safe mode and check if it fixes the issue. Using Safe mode disables all downloaded apps and loads only the original software that came with your phone or tablet, allowing you to determine if the issue is caused by an app or by the device. Follow the below steps to start the device in Safe Mode. 

1. After turning off the device, turn it on.

2. Once the Samsung logo has started, press and hold the volume down button.

3. When the home screen appears, the safe mode is displayed in the lower-left corner of the screen. et. Then, power on the Tablet, and when the Samsung logo appears, press and hold down the Volume Down key.

If done correctly, "Safe Mode" will display on the bottom left corner of the screen. Once you're in Safe Mode, check for the issue.

If the issue is gone in Safe mode: One of your recently downloaded apps was likely the cause of the problem.

If the issue still exists: Downloaded apps may not be the cause of the problem. You may need to reset the device.

How to deactivate safe mode.

1. Press and hold the power.

0 Likes