Original topic:

App Transfer

(Topic created on: 07-10-2022 11:24 PM)
Vaneet
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
How to move all apps with my login details to  new S22 ultra?
0 Likes
6 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I use Smart Switch to Restore my apps (apks - Smart Switch cannot restore Data) to my new devices, or after I performed a Factory Reset. 

Unfortunately since Samsung removed the external sd card (foolishly) from devices after the S20 series, you'll have to use a Smart Switch backup to your computer, or OTG device.

You'll need to know your passwords. 

0 Likes
Vaneet
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thanks
Galaxy S
There are couple ways to have app transfer to new device. RedDogRabbit has suggested using SmartSwitch.

Would like to suggest 2 more methods so that you can choose which scenario works for you.

Open Settings → Accounts and Backup → Bacukup data

Check if Apps enabled.

If yes, that means your apps will backup to Samsung Cloud. Next time when you login to a new device, you can restore all apps.

Next option,
Open Settings → Google → Backup

If you have Google account, You can backup to Google One storage. Same as Samsung Cloud, you will be asked if you want to restore your apps or not.Screenshot_20220711-131821_Google Play services_19619_1657567101.jpgScreenshot_20220711-131706_Samsung Cloud_19617_1657567026.jpg
0 Likes
Vaneet
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
👍
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Yeah I also backup automatically to both, but I have never restored anything from either Cloud Storage. I backup to these Cloud Accounts.. Just in case. 

#BeltAndSuspenders lol 

Smart Switch I *THINK* is going to be faster, Especially if you have an external sd card to restore your Smart Switch backup from. 

0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Vaneet, you can transfer your data using Smartswitch. Please follow the steps in the given to transfer data to your new device.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/how-to-transfer-and-backup-data-using-smart-switch...

Thank you Tallman and RedDogRabbit for your steps and suggestions.

0 Likes