Original topic:

Apps crashing on my s21 ultra

(Topic created on: 03-23-2021 10:30 AM)
Members_4nmgtqF
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Hello there,

Very frustrated with this software! I restated my phone,  installed and uninstalled apps but my apps keep crashing and they dont even open.

Please stop asking me to restart or uninstall apps because that didnt work and the inconvenience of wasting my time. Just because you didnt do a good job with your software. If the apps keep crashing I am selling my phone immediately and never coming back to samsung.  VERY DISAPPOINTED,  get your **bleep** together. I HAVE BEEN WITH APPLE FOR 10 YEARS AND NEVER EXPERIENCED THIS **bleep**. Its 2021 

As a previous apple customer we never experienced these kind of problems. Please fix your software before releasing it to the public. 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Dude, first and foremost take it easy.
Second, the issue is with Android System Webview, not with Samsung.
Update to the latest version of it just like the notice says and enjoy.

Screenshot_20210323-133239_Samsung Members_23142.jpg

View solution in context

9 Comments
Solution
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Dude, first and foremost take it easy.
Second, the issue is with Android System Webview, not with Samsung.
Update to the latest version of it just like the notice says and enjoy.

Screenshot_20210323-133239_Samsung Members_23142.jpg

Loopygram
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

How do you update it? 

I tried but just got option to uninstall updates.

0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
In Google Play Store. Verify maybe you have the latest update.
Members_4nmgtqF
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Thank you it worked! I hope this doesnt happen again, if this was the first phone released by samsung then I wouldnt be as mad. But its 2021 samsung makes 100s of cellphones, please get it together. I Dont care if google is the problem, we are using samsung phones. Who ever is in charge should be fired, clearly he/she are doing a terrible job in being proactive.  How come I had to spent 2 hours trying to fix these issues rather than samsung fix them. Spending over $1,800 on a phone I expect the apps to be working. Anyways enough of my rant, problem solved and I hope this doesnt happen again.

0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Again, you're angry but you're also blaming the wrong company. Samsung is built on Android, made by Google. And these things happen with any phone as apps are constantly updated, crashes can happen. What's important is that it gets reported quickly and ultimately fixed.
0 Likes
Khuynh858
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have the S21+. just update the SW and apps are still crashing! **bleep**!

0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
What apps are crashing?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Yeah, Google admitted this is their problem. Open Google Play Store, then serach Android System Webview, click Update button, then restart your phone and all should be fine.
0 Likes
mmk3
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I'm having the same issues.  I called my service provider, AT&T, and the tech walked me through my Microsoft mail app that wasn't working.  She walked me through a few steps that I, unfortunately, didn't write down for resetting it.  It works now, but you have to do this for each and every app that isn't working.  Contact your provider to help you with this.  They are aware of these problems with the S21's and indicated they are working on solutions.  I still can't use my AndroidAuto.  It keeps throwing me out of the app in the car.....very frustrating!!!!  I have to call back to have them help me with a work around for this issue.  Good luck!

0 Likes