Original topic:

FAILED CAMERA ERROR?!

(Topic created on: 08-15-2021 05:51 AM)
MagnumPI
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Have a S20 FE 5G... anyone else get this after a past software update?!! Anyone know how to fix this BS??!!

19 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, I suggest you to reset the camera.
Please follow the below steps to reset your camera:

Open the Camera app, and then tap Settings.

Reset the settings.

Swipe to and tap Reset settings and then tap Reset.

0 Likes
MagnumPI
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hello... thank you for the help... here is the result.Screenshot_20210815-095825_Camera.jpg
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, I suggest you to check the Camera app for updates

Open the Camera app, and then tap Settings. Check for updates. Swipe to and tap About Camera, and check if any updates are available. Tap the update if one is available. If there are no updates available, your screen will read "The latest version is already installed."

0 Likes
MagnumPI
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yes up to dateScreenshot_20210815-212219_Camera.jpg
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, let's try to perform a factory reset as suggested by Tallman.

Please follow the below steps to perform a factory reset: Note: You must back up your personal data prior to the factory reset because otherwise your personal information may be lost. If you have encrypted the microSD card, you must decrypt it before resetting the phone. Otherwise, your phone will not be able to read the data on the card. From Settings, search for and select Decrypt SD card, and then follow the on-screen prompts. From Settings, search for and select Factory data reset. Next, tap Factory data reset again and then review the information. When you are ready, swipe to and tap Reset. If you have a security lockset on the phone, you will be asked to enter the credentials. Finally, to delete all information and downloaded apps, tap Delete all.

Note: Your phone will reset; when it turns back on, it will start from the initial setup screen.

Thank you for the response, Tallman.

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Hi MagnumPI, after software update, please try the following suggestions:

1. Open Settings → Apps → Camera → Storage

Click clear cache and clear data

Try open Camera again and see if error still exist. If error still exist, try the next suggestion.

2. Try Wipe Cache Partition in recovery mode:

- Power off your phone
- Press and hold vol up and power key until you are in recovery mode
- use vol up and down to navigate
- select Wipe Cache Partotion
- press power key to confirm
- click yes
- click reboot system

After system reboot and all stable, Open Camera and try again.

Let us know if problem exist. Good luck.
0 Likes
MagnumPI
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hey Tallman.. yes I've tried all this with no results.. thanks for the advice
0 Likes
Galaxy S
From software point of view, the last solution is factory reset. Make sure you do a full backup if you want to try factory reset.

If after factory reset still having the same problem, you may need to bring your phone to certified service center for repair.
0 Likes
sunshinepose
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
My Samsung s20 FE camera will not work properly. I am getting a white screen when trying to shoot 1x to 3x on the back camera. 🙃 I tried rebooting, clearing cases and data and resetting the camera. What will fix this issue? Thanks #camera #samsungs20fe #whitescreen20210815_171042_2832.jpg
0 Likes