Original topic:

Fingerprint Animations

(Topic created on: 06-30-2020 11:25 PM)
brandanct
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I think Samsung should definitely add the ability to customize the fingerprint reader animation, similar to how we can customize the edge screen. I have an S10+ and just would love to see some cooler effects similar to Huawei or OnePlus. 
10 Comments
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I think so too, I'm thinking they'll add it though cause we got the option to remove it completely.
0 Likes
brandanct
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
oh really?! I don't have that option yet. Id like kind of cool modern/futuristic kind of effect. what we got now is alright but I'd like to be able to change it you know. the A71 has a different style animation so they should just make them all available to eachother.
0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Yeah they added it today in the June security patch.

The A71 has that because it needs to, it's an optical fingerprint scanner so it needs light to pass through it, our phones don't need light at all so it's purely asthetic for us lol.
0 Likes
brandanct
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Optical built into the screen? I didn't know that was a thing. Kinda of cool. Well hopefully Samsung indulges us lol
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I'd say they'll add it as a Good Lock module. Or eventually allow themes to change the animation once ultrasonic scanners are more widespread.
brandanct
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
good lock is a pretty safe bet
0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Yeah, our phones have ultrasonic which is better (cause you don't need to wake the screen for Ultrasonic) so yeah 😛
0 Likes
kidflash
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
you don't need to wake the screen up too for the optical one
0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Yes you do, you have to tap the screen for the fingerprint icon to appear and then you can unlock it.

With ultrasonic, you simply place your finger on the screen and it unlocks.