Original topic:

hi I just bought samsung galaxy s21 ultra 5g it has vary terrible battery.

(Topic created on: 02-11-2021 12:18 PM)
sharry1234
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
hi I just bought samsung galaxy s21 ultra 5g it has vary terrible battery. Does anyone has same problem. 
7 Comments
cakeboss
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I've had my s21 ultra for less then a week and my battery life is amazing. I left it on top of a chair by my slightly open window at -25c windchill unplugged and I have been using the phone off and on all day and it's still at 74%. when I went to bed it was zt roughly 96%.
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
most new devices will appear to have a terrible battery for a little while... the battery optimization takes a week or so to kick in....look for the adaptive battery option and make sure it's on.... also people tend to use their new device a little more than usual because, well it's new...

What are you getting for screen on time?
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi sharry1234, Please check if you have set the motion smoothness to Adaptive by going into Settings >> Display >> Motion smoothness. When you set the screen motion smoothness to Adaptive mode, your device changes the display refresh rate automatically depending on situations and content being played.
However, when using the device in 120Hz refresh rate, battery may be drained rapidly compared to 60Hz.

GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
I have the S21 Ultra and the battery life is excellent. Like @Fatwa mentioned, turn on adaptive battery and give it a little time.
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Nope. In fact, my S21U battery life amazingly good!
boomCO
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
usually takes few days to optimize the battery use. I don't know which device you are comparing with, but you should be able to get better life time in few days.
0 Likes
sharry1234
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
iphone 11 pro max .
0 Likes