Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

How to have notifications on lock screen remove notification sounds but keep my ringtone on (S9)

(Topic created on: 12-17-2019 10:05 AM)
JC777
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Hi,

I am looking to have my notifications for Messenger and WhatsApp to show up on my lock screen (SAMSUNG S9).

I used to have them on my G6 and it showed tap to show sensititive information. 

Now I also don't want the annoying ding sounds the only I have found is to remove the volume but I still don't get the lock screen stuff. I also like to see the numbers that indicate a new message. 

I would like to remove the sounds but keep my ringtone on (not on vibrate to disable every sound).

Is there a way to tweak this? I looked and messed around with some settings but to no avail.

Thanks alot!

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Yes you can. Select the notification of your application, slide it slightly to the right and tap the gear icon. Then tap on the highlighted notification channel and select Silent. Now this notification will not make any noise, but others will. There, you can also choose to set the channel as sensitive and not display the details on the lock screen

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
That has changed in Pie I think. Or in a security update. It's for true confidentiality.

Maybe setting it as Silent and Reduced, and setting the notification channel to show details will do what you wish it does.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Comments
Solution
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Yes you can. Select the notification of your application, slide it slightly to the right and tap the gear icon. Then tap on the highlighted notification channel and select Silent. Now this notification will not make any noise, but others will. There, you can also choose to set the channel as sensitive and not display the details on the lock screen
0 Likes
JC777
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

It still does not show when I open the phone before putting in the PIN like it used to on the lock screen.

0 Likes
Solution
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
That has changed in Pie I think. Or in a security update. It's for true confidentiality.

Maybe setting it as Silent and Reduced, and setting the notification channel to show details will do what you wish it does.
0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
It will show on your locked screen it just won't show the content...
ie.... email icon,WhatsApp icon,messenger icon etcetc
0 Likes
Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
if you long press the specific app, and expand the notification area, there's lots to play with... also use the system search to get you to lock screen settings
0 Likes