Original topic:

lost notification sound

(Topic created on: 02-04-2021 05:53 PM)
sarahlynn622
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Help! I purchased the S20 a couple months ago. Everything has been working great until a few days ago. When I receive a text message the first couple messages will sound the alert and then the rest just vibrate. I periodically lose sound with the notifications. I have checked all my settings over and over. All my notifications are on. I'm getting very frustrated! 
0 Likes
6 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Hi @sarahlynn622

when something happens to my devices without any reason, it could be because of a corrupt file 🤔
First thing I do is to make a wipe cache partition on my device , you can read this : https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/others/wipe-cache-partition-for-all-devices-en-fr/m-p/3156063#M1...

This is the way to do it on your device :
Below are the steps to wipe cache partition for S20 series Turn off the device. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key. When the Android logo displays, release both keys. Wait for few seconds then the Android Recovery menu options appear. Press the Volume down / up key to navigate between the options & highlight the Wipe cache partition. Press Bixby / Power key to select. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

If it doesn't solve your problem, tell us...we'll see other solution 😉
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S

Reboot your phone and see if it helps

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Thanks Cassidy and Ray.

Hi sarahlynn622, Please try the suggestions provided by Cassidy and Ray and check if the issue got resolved.

0 Likes
sarahlynn622
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Thank you. I had restarted my phone a couple of times and it still didn't help. I did just wipe the cache partition, so will see if that helps. Thanks again!
0 Likes
CanadianAspie
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Following as I am having the same issue since the latest update.  Sound will periodically vanish when I receive notifications, and this affects all apps on the phone.  Very frustrating.  This even occurs with apps I have set up to override Do Not Disturb mode.

0 Likes
BigL
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I tried the Do Not Disturb option in notification settings and that didn't work.
0 Likes