Original topic:

No trade-in possible because Exynos!!!

(Topic created on: 02-15-2023 07:56 PM)
XP
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi,
Trying to upgrade my S22 ultra to the new S33 ultra in Canada, it wasn't possible in a Samsung Store to get the announced trade-in because my S22 ultra wan't bought in Europe and then is an Exynos release!
Do you find that normal? 
I'm very disappointed of this attitude. That's double penalty!!!
What do you think about? Thanks for your listening because I'm enraging. 
Yours,
Xavier Palou 
8 Comments
blitzteh
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Are you buying the S23 Ultra in Europe? Because Canada has the same rule, the trade in bonus only applies to Samsung devices bought in Canada
XP
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
No, I'm French and moved in Canada last May. I try to get de trade-in in Canada
0 Likes
blitzteh
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Don't worry bring it to your wireless provider and they'll be able to do the trade there. Only the Samsung website and the Samsung experience store that has the Canada-bought only rule for the trade in. It's because of Assurant, Samsung's trade in partner in Canada.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I'm pretty sure that Rogers, Telus, Bell, Shaw and Videotron won't accept an Exynos variant as a trade-in either.. unless you go in person and get someone who is clueless.

Canadian Carriers will have the same issues.. Who do they sell it to. They can't knowingly sell it to just anyone in Canada, unlike Amazon or Ebay who don't really seem to care. 

0 Likes
blitzteh
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Not to burst your bubble. But the international variants are accepted at Canadian carriers as trade-ins. It just get listed as "generic" when it asks which carrier the phone is from. How do I know you may ask? I have insider knowledge 😉. Not all traded in phone gets resold, some of them are used for parts. Especially with the push by many manufacturers to reuse old phone parts for new phones so they don't have to mine the earth for some of the materials!

Even the Samsung models that aren't sold in Canada are accepted. Just shows how serious the carriers are in recycling!
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

It's not possible to trade in a US Snapdragon variant, let alone a International / European Exynos variant, and it makes perfect sense. 

Who would Samsung sell your Exynos variant to, certainly no one in Canada. 

The Exynos variant wouldn't get any warranty or updates in Canada. At least with the US Snapdragon variant, they can be "made Canadian", because it is the exact same hardware. You can't even Flash the Canadian CSC on your Exynos device. 

Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we certainly understand your disappointment.

However, we would like to inform you that, The “Eligible Trade-In Product” means any Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, Note20 or Note20 Ultra smartphone in any condition provided that it:

(i) is verifiable in accordance with its serial/IMEI number,

(ii) was purchased in Canada;

(iii) has a minimum qualifying trade-in value of $0 as determined by the Service Provider’s device valuation software.

Please visit the given link to know more about trade-in.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/offer/galaxy-s23-trade-in-promo/

0 Likes
XP
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thanks Helenna but I bought it in France... For immigrants, it's not very fair ..
0 Likes