Original topic:

OS/UI updates? Don't count on Samsung

(Topic created on: 11-03-2022 06:40 PM)
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy S
Y'all never learn after so many years, huh? Samsung is no longer the smartphone standard for many years now. They have lost innovations and minor upgrades to camera or processor aren't justification to heft price increase every year. 

Instead they removed/reduced what makes smartphones great: external memory, battery capacity and headphone jack among many other things. This is coming from their loyal customer since S1.

Now y'all talking about updates? They're not fulfilling their promise and that's a fact consumer must face every year. It's going to be late, like really late. Once they got your money, that's the end of the story (sadly).

This forum is a perfect place to dig complaints about what I wrote above as well failure on product launch, promo, stock, trade-ins, etc. I dare the mods to show the comparison numbers of complaints vs positive feedbacks on new products launch from this very forum. 
18 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Samsung has definitely improved from where they were just a few short years ago, with respect to Android version updates, and they are still way ahead of Sony. 

I know that Samsung still has a way to go, but they aren't as objectively terrible as before. 

Sony hasn't even released any schedule, although, Samsung Canada Members doesn't even acknowledge the existence of One UI V5.0 

STILL only reference One UI V4.0 in the Notice on Samsung Members Canada lol 😂 

https://www.xda-developers.com/sony-xperia-1-iv-5-iv-android-13-update/

roriii
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Samsung is ahead of everyone, even some months they do release the Security ahead of Google and pixel devices. Hard to compare Samsung to anyone. When it comes to their hardware 1 of the best screen on the market. Their software and UI are fun and not boring like other brands. That's my opinion. Now Canada is different ball game when it comes to firmware and beta.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I agree that Samsung has definitely improved with the speed & consistency of it's updates, however, I highly doubt that Samsung has ever been ahead of Google with their Security Patch Updates, ever!

Samsung gets it's Security Patch info from Google

https://www.xda-developers.com/how-android-security-patch-updates-work/

https://www.techtarget.com/searchsecurity/blog/Security-Bytes/Google-sets-Android-security-updates-r...

JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Roriii is actually correct. Samsung has released security patches faster than Google a few times now. Not in Canada due to carrier testing, but in other regions.

Samsung and Google have a very strong partnership with Android. Samsungs software engineers aid Google in the development of stock Android and Wear OS.
mickey96
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
If you want up to date updates get a pixel unfortunately it's the truth
waqqas31
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
"No head-phone jack... That's just whack. Hash-tag Boss."

-Flossy Carter
0 Likes
Wintyer
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
You know you can use a usb adapter in the bottom of you phone fpr a headphone jack
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Of course, but that's something that Samsung mocked Apple about. 

Fatwa
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
The world has moved on mate. If headphone jack and removable battery were essential desires, the market would be rewarding those who made them in volume sales.
0 Likes