Original topic:

Phone blocking.

(Topic created on: 05-23-2022 03:53 PM)
lacers
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Hey everyone. 

I'm usually pretty keen on figuring out issues and such but I'm drawing a blank. I have a contacts, who is 93, home phone number in my list. It is important that she is able to teach me. She has attempted to call this past weekend and all times the number has gone directly to voice-mail. When I look at the call log... it says 'blocked by phone'. 

I'm stuck... help my unblock my partners mother!!! 

6 Comments
Galaxy S
Open Phone app -> 3 dots on top right -> Settings -> Block numbers

If the numbers is not in block list, try turn off block unlnown / private numbers.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Were you able to unblock the phone number? 

Someone else posted something similar, but it's not clear if the issue was ever resolved? 

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/smartthings/blocked-number-by-samsung/td-p/16817062

0 Likes
Axton
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Could you please confirm if the number is added to blocked list or not?

0 Likes
lacers
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Hi. Sorry for delay folks. My S10e has lived its life. Unfortunately the screen died on me and after a few days I finally bought a new phone. S22. The phone number was not blocked at all. Not sure how it happened... Hopefully I'm able to receive phone calls.
0 Likes
TZ2
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have S22 and have same issues. I enabled Caller ID and Spam protection and checked block all spam calls, then some of calls from my contacts were blocked by phone (as it said so). It is so annoying that one of the blocked number is my home number. I did everything that I can find from this community and online with no success unless I check block only high risk spam calls or disable the spam call protection for all. I called Samsung twice, it could not resolve , I called my carrier, they said they do not block calls and could not help. I checked and made sure that those numbers are definitely not in the blocked list (based on support ideas I can find online and Samsung support, there is no option to unblock them as they were not in the blocked list, but there is option to block them from more information tab). Right now, I have to check only block high risk spam calls to be able to get my home calls. This way, I still get a lot spam calls. Bad!

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Instead of saying "boo", Contact Hiya Support. 

This is NOT a Samsung, or a Carrier issue, this is a Hiya issue. 

Here is the link to Hiya's Support page. 

You can Request that they Unblock legitimate numbers, ie: your Home number. 

https://hiyahelp.zendesk.com/hc/en-us

0 Likes