Original topic:

Resolved---Samsung Push Service Ads on 1400$ phone(S23 Ultra)

(Topic created on: 02-23-2024 02:19 PM)
Plazma
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

Is there any way to disable ads from Samsung Push service? 
Pretty low point for the company to be sending ads for some non-samsung software on a 1400$ phone. Isn't it supposed to be a flagship experience🤔?
I highly doubt you would get ads from Apple on an iPhone advertising some 3rd party software.

7 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I've never received any Ads from Samsung's Push Service, but I didn't put a checkmark in the Samsung agreement allowing them to send me Ads. 

Off hand I'm not sure how to get back to the agreement, other than a Factory Reset, where you would have to agree, or disagree the receiving these Ads. 

You could always disable Samsung's Push service with adb, or a Package disabler. 

The name of the app you are looking for is:

com.sec.sapp.push.

Or, and probably the easiest would be to go to Settings > Apps [Toggle ON Show System Apps] Search for "Push" & Toggle Off Notifications for Samsung Push Service.

Screenshot_20240223_173343.jpg

Screenshot_20240223_173421.jpg

Screenshot_20240223_173546.jpg

Disabled with a Package Disabler.  

Plazma
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I'll look at that, but in the description of the app it says it's also responsible for Samsung apay notifications 1708728053167.jpg
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Like I said, go to Settings > Apps Search for "Push" & Click on Samsung Push & Toggle Off the Notifications... In spite of the screen shot you posted, you can see that Samsung Push is not allowed to send Notifications & It does not have any permissions.

Screenshot_20240223_174442.jpg

Possibly unrelated, but I also don't use Samsung's "Customization service".  

Plazma
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Ok, thanks
Al-001
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I never received any ads from Samsung's Push service neither since I didn't cross the checkmark of samsung ads when I signed off the agreement.
Plazma
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I very clearly remember not clicking the ads option when setting up the phone. This one is in fact the first ad I've had since buying the phone back in February 2023
0 Likes
Al-001
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Interesting? Maybe you mistakenly enabled the notification of Samsung Push Services . You can disable it again.1708730861089.jpg
0 Likes