Original topic:

S10 transfer to S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 04-01-2022 08:52 AM)
ccm852
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I have received my S22 Ultra and finished setting it up, transfered all pictures and videos from old s10+.  Every one of my videos that recorded on my S10+ will not play sound on my S22 Ultra....I get a message saying audio codec not supported.....Anyone else have this issue? Is their a fix?
11 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Which video player are you using on your S22? 

I use VLC which is awesome. 

Here's a link to it on apk mirror. 

Give it a shot & see what you think. 

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/videolabs/vlc/

There's probably another solution, but this works for me. 

3TimeSurvivor
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
@ccm852,

Make sure the mute button is 'unchecked'. . .

I transferred all of my data yesterday from my Note9 to my S22U and all of my videos have sound.

Hope my simple answer possibly helps.
ccm852
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes I unchecked the mute button and I still get no sound. VLC likely will work, I use it on my laptop. I just thought that a video created on one samaung would work on another samsung.
3TimeSurvivor
Active Level 4
Galaxy S

@ccm852,

Samsung to Samsung absolutely should work !

VLC will pretty much play everything so hopefully it's the solution. 🤞🏻
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You have to wait for the mods to copy paste that!! Don’t be in such a rush to offer known solutions!! 😛😛

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Around 6 hours later.. like magic, it's wizardry I tell you, wizardry 😁

iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Ok Dumbledore 🧟

ccm852
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Tks all for the feed back... after some research I believe I found my issue....the video files are .wmv format....which looks to be not recognized file format for the S22.....Again.....TKS.
Brantley
Options
Galaxy S

Hi ccm852, We suggest you to download the 3rd party player application that supports WMA / WMV format from Google Play Store, it’s available to play the files properly. Please search for the WMA / WMV player on Play Store and install it on your device.

0 Likes