Original topic:

S20fe 5g Fingerprint sensor problem

(Topic created on: 08-05-2022 02:08 PM)
Sikander_Official
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
My S20fe 5g Fingerprint is not working can anyone help with this.
6 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I'd start by opening Samsung Members app Click on Support & Diagnostics > View Tests & run the Diagnostics for the FP scanner.

Depending on the results, you can also try removing ALL of your Registered Finger Prints & Add them back again.

Wiping Cache likely won't do anything, but I'm pretty sure that it will be suggested by one of Samsung's very fine....

Anyway, try those two things & see what you get? 

0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, that is really sad to hear. Please follow the below steps and verify if your fingerprint is working fine.

To improve recognition performance, register fingerprints of the hand used most often to perform tasks on the device.

• Your device has a built-in fingerprint recognition sensor at the bottom center of the screen.
Ensure that the screen protector or the touchscreen on the fingerprint recognition sensor area is not scratched or damaged by objects, such as coins, keys, pens, and necklaces.
• Ensure that the fingerprint recognition sensor area at the bottom center of the screen and your fingers are clean and dry
• In dry environments, static electricity can build up in the device. Avoid using this feature in dry environments or before using the feature, discharge static electricity by touching a metal object.
• The device may not recognize fingerprints from too dry fingers. Especially your fingers can be more drier on situations like following.
i.e ) When trying to use fingerprint after wake-up in the morning , When having more drier fingers than normal,
When you’re at outside place on winter or in low humidity conditions
At that time, we recommend to let your finger be moist properly by using hand cream and try again.
• The device may not recognize fingerprints from wet fingers.
• To improve recognition performance, register fingerprints of the hand used most often to perform tasks on the device.
• You should make sure to use the highest central part of fingerprint or the most curved part of fingerprint when you register or scan fingerprint.
Samsung is committed to improve fingerprint recognition rate continuously so always encourages users to keep software and apps updated to latest version.

0 Likes
derrick11
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
My fingerprint sensor is saying fingerprint calibration needed how do fix it
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

A couple of things you can try:

Go to Settings > Apps & Toggle on "show system apps" and Search for Biometrics > Scroll down to Storage & CLEAR BOTH Cache & Data and Reboot.

See if you can Register your Finger Prints again? 

If that doesn't work, you might need to Factory Reset, before visiting a Samsung Service Centre to get it checked out by a tech. 

0 Likes
derrick11
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I try all of these things and it still doesn't work it keeps saying fingerprint calibration needed
Galaxy S
Thanks for letting me know
0 Likes