Original topic:

S21 still no android 14 update

(Topic created on: 01-09-2024 05:56 AM)
yyyyyuuuu
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I have a S21 5g. I check everyday for an update for past two months for android 14 one UI 6. It keeps saying my software is up to date. Anyone having the same issue?
0 Likes
10 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

What is the model number of your device, ie: SM-xxxxx?

The S21 Series received One UI V6.0 update December 5th.

Screenshot_20240109_112713.jpg

If you have a US or International variant, then you won't receive the One UI V6.0 update as an OTA through your Canadian Carrier. 

yyyyyuuuu
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
SM-G991U1
So there's no way I can get the update?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

That's an American device, unbranded so you could insert any US Carrier's SIM, other than AT&T's to get the OTA, or you could download the firmware to your computer & Flash it with Odin.

You could also Download the Correct Canadian Firmware & Flash it with Patched Odin & make your device into a Canadian device. 

I'm guessing that you purchased it from Amazon or eBay, as they often sell US & International devices.. "buyer beware". 

0 Likes
yyyyyuuuu
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
No I bought it used from Facebook marketplace.

Thanks so much for your help. I don't think I'd be able to get a US sim easily. Out of the other two options, do you know which one would be easier to do? And any instructions on how I can do it ?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

See my post here for instructions & links:

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s/samsung-s10/td-p/20842206?src=ShareByUserCM

Screenshot_20240109_122932.jpg

Also, ignore the Moderator's comments in this post, they don't know what they are talking about.

Flashing Samsung's own Firmware is NOT "tampering"! 

RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Wouldn't updating via Smart Switch work?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I'm not sure, but I don't think so. Smart Switch is still going to check the IMEI and see that it is a US device, but with a Canadian Carrier... They can always try, but I don't think it'll work. 

0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, I request you to please perform the steps as suggested by the RedDogRabbit, if the issue persist again then please contact the US support team by using the below link.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/contact/

0 Likes
richard0501
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
When s20 ultra get update
0 Likes