Original topic:

S21: Use Sim 1 for call and eSim for internet.

(Topic created on: 04-29-2022 05:16 PM)
cruze007
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
How can I use use Sim 1 for call and eSim for internet. Currently I  need to change manually from sim1 to eSim to use data, but it also changes my calling default to eSim.

I want to keep default for calling Sim 1 and internet with eSim. Is there a way to do that?
12 Comments
Galaxy S
The Canadian S21 series smartphones do not have esim capability. Making calls and browsing the internet are both operational with the current SIM card that you got when you purchased the phone.
0 Likes
cruze007
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Candian S21 do have eSim capability. I'm currently using it.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Actually the S21 series does have eSIM support in Canada. 

But I don't think that there's a way to do what the OP was asking. 

https://news.samsung.com/ca/one-ui-4-update-delivers-an-elevated-mobile-experience-centered-around-y...

Axton
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we suggest you to check if you have below setting.
Go to Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks.
Turn on “Allow All SIMs To Use Data In Calls.

0 Likes
hieppg
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I searched the keywords "Allow All SIMs To Use Data In Calls" and found this thread.
I am using S22+ Dual Sim (SM-S906E/DS) and want to have data on Sim 2 NOT disconnected when receiving a call on Sim1.

My both Sims have VoLTE enabled. Using either Sim for data, a call coming to the same sim doesn't make data disconnected. However, a call coming to another sim than the one with data would make data disconnected. Searching around I understand that I would need to enable the option "Allow All SIMs To Use Data In Calls" in Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks. But there isn't such an option in my phone Settings. What can I do?

0 Likes
uzairm87
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
How do u set 1 sim for call and text and another sim for data???
Members_9ZFt3j0
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Yes, I have the same question for my S22. I want to continue to use Sim1 for calls/text but my esim for data roaming when traveling to the USA.

Members_9ZFt3j0
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq5e39vAlEo

This option does not appear on my phone under Connections>SIM Card Manager

0 Likes
zoofreak
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

You can change the default calling Sim for each individual contact. Tap on the contact and then  tap the information button "i".  Then right under the name and number you can change the default calling sim to your  Sim1. 

0 Likes