Original topic:

S24 ultra Can't connect to some networks.

(Topic created on: 02-05-2024 06:16 AM)
PalBrar
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
A very strange issue here.
I have a unlimited US-Canada roaming plan with Telus and using it every week in US. I have access to 4 roaming partners, t-mobile, at&t, verizon and US cellular.
I was using all 4 available carriers until i put the Telus sim card in S24 ultra (pre ordered from samsung Canada. So a unlocked phone)
It is now unable to connect to at&t and verizon. T-mobile is the only network phone can connect to and us cellular (where available)
I replaced the sim card. No help. This week I took my old device (s22 ultra) with me, put the sim card in s22 ultra and connected to all 4 networks successfully. Tried the same sim afain in s24 ultra, only t-mobile and US cellular connected. No access to at&t and verizon.
Talked to Telus, Samsung few times. No help.

I dont blame Telus here, there sim is working well in s22 ultra. Its the faulty device but Samsung would not accept that.

When i go to phone diagnostics (fully connected to cell network) and test the sim card, it says "normal" but also says "your sim card was inserted properly but couldn't connect to a mobile network" while already connected to a network with full bars!

So frustrating. There are 3 players (samsung, telus and roming partners) easily passing the blame on to other.

6 Comments
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Try going into your network settings and set it on automatic, see if that helps.
0 Likes
PalBrar
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Did everything i could and told by Samsung. Reset network setting, restarting phone, selecting network manually, auto. Even got a replacement sim card and did everything again.
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we are sorry to hear about this issue from you.

As you have tried everything but still the issue is here, we would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report).

An expert from the Samsung Members team will try and respond to the report as quickly as possible.

Thank you.

0 Likes
PalBrar
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hi, i already submitted error report on Jan 29th at 08:26 pm. No response yet.
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. As we can see that your request is in under process please stay connected our higher team will contact you as soon as possible.

0 Likes
PalBrar
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
So an update to the issue: I entered usa for 3rd time on feb 7th, tried connecting to at&t and verizon and it said "unable to connect". I switched back to t-mobile all day. Today feb 8th I am in Wisconsin now and tried now and it CONECTED! Now I am able to connect to at&t and Verizon and t-mobile. (I didnt call anyone as i already gave up)

So my theory is : Telus sim was always allowing all roaming partners. Samsung s24 ultra device was at no fault. It was at&t and Verizon who didnt allow unlocked Canadian s24 ultras to connect.
Basis of this comes from Verizon forums posts where even Verizon's own customer who bought s24 ultra unlocked from samsung were having difficulties with their own 5G network.
Looks like Verizon and At&t blocking access to certain devices untill they sell enough of their locked devices.

I could be wrong.
0 Likes