Original topic:

Samsung DeX Wired PC not working on Galaxy S21

(Topic created on: 02-18-2021 01:50 PM)
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

I did this test using a Galaxy S10, and a Galaxy S21.

Both phones used the exact same cable, laptop, and port.

Galaxy S10 connects to wired DeX flawlessly.

Galaxy S21 doesn't connect at all, no pop-up or anything...

Only way to use DeX for PC on a Galaxy S21 is to use the laggy wireless version of it, who thought this was a good idea?! Give me my wired DeX back Samsung!!!

26 Comments
Samsung_Ben
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Yoshisaur9, 

From communicating with the R&D team, they will need a mobile dump log and PC client logs. However, first try the steps below and if you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send the logs. 

1. Try exiting PC DeX client from taskbar manager and reopen.
2. Connect mobile device to PC
3. If not working, check Device Manager->Univeral Serial Bus Controller->SAMSUNG Mobile USB Composite Device/SAMSUNG Mobile USB Connectivity Device V2
=>If you can't find above item, please reinstall device driver or PC App.
4. Check service running status : Run PC Task Manager -> Service tab -> ss_conn_service2 (if this service was stopped, change to start status and retry the step 1)

If all steps are working well then please get mobile dump log (USB should be connected to PC) and PC log 
How to get PC log: run logCollector.bat in C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\Samsung DeX\utility and attach .zip file created in Desktop.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Your cut/paste was incomplete , we have to scroll to see everything...so i cut/paste it again

@Yoshisaur9

1. Try to quit the PC DeX client from the taskbar manager and reopen it.
2. Connect the mobile device to the PC
3. If it doesn't work, check Device Manager-> Univeral Serial Bus Controller-> SAMSUNG Mobile USB Composite Device / SAMSUNG Mobile USB Connectivity Device V2
=> If you cannot find the item above, please reinstall the driver device or PC application.
4. Check the running state of the service: Run PC Task Manager -> Service tab -> ss_conn_service2 (if this service has been stopped, go to the start state and try step 1 again)

If all the steps work fine, please get the mobile dump log (USB must be connected to PC) and PC log
How to get log from PC: run logCollector.bat in C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Samsung \ Samsung DeX \ Utility and attach a created .zip file on the desktop.

Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
1. Try to quit the PC DeX client from the taskbar manager and reopen it.
2. Connect the mobile device to the PC
3. If it doesn't work, check Device Manager-> Univeral Serial Bus Controller-> SAMSUNG Mobile USB Composite Device / SAMSUNG Mobile USB Connectivity Device V2
=> If you cannot find the item above, please reinstall the driver device or PC application.
4. Check the running state of the service: Run PC Task Manager -> Service tab -> ss_conn_service2 (if this service has been stopped, go to the start state and try step 1 again)
If all the steps work fine, please get the mobile dump log (USB must be connected to PC) and PC log
How to get log from PC: run logCollector.bat in C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Samsung \ Samsung DeX \ Utility and attach a created .zip file on the desktop.
0 Likes
GytisRepecka
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

Were you able to solve this?

I am trying to enable DeX on brand new Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G but no luck - only Screen Mirroring works. Tried these steps, but it didn't help. The same adapter I use works fine with Galaxy Note8 and funny enough it worked in March with different Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G when I had one for testing (also SM-G998B/DS).

Device I am trying to enable DeX on is brand new, software updated, it is not enrolled into Knox management.

Edit: support advised me to use genuine Samsung adapter EE-P3200BJEGWW only. As I didn't have a chance to obtain it quickly, I tried currently owned PINEPHONE USB-C Docking Bar - surprisingly it did work - DeX mode turned on right away!

So all in all, it was adaper's fault - or to be precise, how the phone understands adapter.

0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Yeah, it fixed itself for me.
0 Likes
GytisRepecka
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

Which adapter did you use?

As I was writing at Samsung Community Lithuania thread about this issue, it turns out original adapter EE-P3200BJEGWW works flawlessly while PINEPHONE USB-C Docking Bar also works, but displays a notification to use only genuine accessories:

Using DeX with 3rd party adapter warningUsing DeX with 3rd party adapter warning

That concludes assumption that adapter origin is checked by the software to determine if it is genuine. Hopefully Samsung doesn't start to impose limits on 3rd party accessories 🤔

0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Dunno, I used one that came with my PS5.
0 Likes