Options
Galaxy S

0 Likes
8 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

What device do you have? 

Are you using a 3rd party screen protector?

Try this;

Open Samsung Members app & Click on "Get Help" > Diagnostics > View Tests & Click on Finger Print Recognition, see if you get any errors.

If you're not getting any errors from Samsung's Diagnostics, and you aren't using a 3rd party screen protector, (I use Whitestone Dome tempered glass & never had any issues with the FP scanner), then you may want to backup your device with Smart Switch & Factory Reset. 

Screenshot_20220129_053257.jpg

0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, please check if there is any update for the app. Also, try switching on to data and check if the issue still persists.

0 Likes
golfguy
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Fingerprint scan works all all my other app just not Samsung pass did a reset did a fingerprints test stood on left foot while waving right arm in the air and it still doesn't work on Samsung pass
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Da*mn, should have stood on Right foot, while waving left arm.

Yeah that makes no sense..

When you say "reset", do you mean that you Factory Reset your device? 

0 Likes
golfguy
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yep
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Try this:

Settings > Apps Samsung Pass > Storage & Clear BOTH Cache & Data for Samsung Pass.

Next do the same for "AutoFill for Samsung Pass.

Force STOP Both of these after clearing cache & data, & then Reboot.

You'll have re-save everything that was using your Finger Prints, but I can't think of anything else at the moment.. 

0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, please follow the suggestions provided by RedDogRabbit and get back to us with the results.

0 Likes
Shaffy
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Had the same issue, tried factory reset and everything but didn't work. Try turning off the wifi and setup samsung pass with mobile data on, weird but worked for me.
0 Likes