Original topic:

Samsung S20 issues

(Topic created on: 10-23-2021 08:23 PM)
C_pierce
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Approximately 2 updates ago, my S20 started having issues. It started off by randomly closing app windows or parts of an app, as if I hit the back button at the bottom right of the screen. 
It has been happening more frequently as the issue progressed and now it happens about every 5 minutes. 
I can't record videos properly, texting is difficult now, all apps experience the same issue. 

Now, I find my phone is freezing several times a day also, where the display will look normal, but I can't select any app. The only keys that work are the 3 keys at the bottom of the screen. I have to use the left side bottom key and close all apps that may be open to correct the issue.
0 Likes
6 Comments
Galaxy S
Try do a Wipe Cache Partition after update.

- Power off your phone
- Press and hold vol up and power key until you are in recovery mode
- use vol up and down to navigate
- select Wipe Cache Partotion
- press power key to confirm
- click yes
- click reboot system

See if this help.
0 Likes
C_pierce
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I'll try it right now! Thanks
0 Likes
C_pierce
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Didn't seem to have any impact. Has happened twice since I powered it on
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You could try Booting into Safe Mode & see if the issue is related to any 3rd party apps you may have downloaded.

It's *REMOTELY* possible, that it *MIGHT* be caused by Samsung Messages pop-up trying to prompt you to enable it's Chat Features. 

You could try going to Settings > Apps & Search for Samsung Messages, Scroll down to "Allow to Appear on Top" & Toggle it OFF. See if that helps? 

But if it continues, then if it was my device, I'd backup with Smart Switch & Factory Reset.

I'm quite certain that the issue isn't caused by any Updates. I have the S20 Ultra & have never had any issues whatsoever. 

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Sorry, a bit confuse here. You mentioned that the back button at bottom right of the screen close the app windows or part of an app. Then another paragraph said 3 leys at the bottom screen works. That means the bottom right key is working. So, the back button works right? Are you talking about the same back button?
Screenshot_20211024-084358_Samsung Members_51036.jpg
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Welcome to the Samsung Members Community Canada. As suggested by RedDogRabbit, Please start the device in safe mode and check if the issue still persists in safe mode or not. If your phone is misbehaving, it's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out which app is acting funny, you can use the Safe Mode feature. In Safe Mode, your phone won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identify and remove the app that may be causing the problem.

First, completely power off the phone. Then, power on the phone, and when the Samsung logo appears, press and hold down the Volume Down key. If done correctly, "Safe Mode" will display on the bottom left corner of the screen.  Once you're in Safe Mode, you can remove the third-party app that is causing issues on your phone.

To exit Safe Mode, simply restart your phone and it will reboot normally.

0 Likes