Original topic:

Samsung Wallet

(Topic created on: 10-12-2023 07:47 PM)
jrmL
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Did someone also encounter this regarding the Samsung Wallet app during Play Store scanning?

19 Comments
Higira
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yup, but it works just fine. I mean we already gave them cc info... What are they gonna do with our sms lol. Honestly it's probably google updates their policy and Samsung didn't get to update the app before the deadline. If you use it, just disable all permission except phone. If you don't use it, just uninstall it.
jrmL
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thank you.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Have a look at my post here:

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s/samsung-wallet-spying-us/m-p/23821274#M126954

For a fix: Remove all Permissions except for Phone > Go to Settings > Apps Search for Play Store & Scroll down to Storage > Clear Both Cache & Data for the Play Store > You can now go back to Settings > Apps Search for Samsung Wallet & Allow all the Permissions you want back.

Run Play Protect & the warning is no longer there. 

jrmL
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thank you. I'll do it.
MrNavrajSingh
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
It is because samsung wallet has every bit of information, and google wants to protect that, so no app has info. That's why it is doing that.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Really, you think that Google wants to protect your data from Samsung Wallet? 

Google Maps has plenty of permissions.

Screenshot_20231013_093409.jpg

Permissions in of themselves are not a bad thing, I mean if there's a reason for them to be granted, it makes sense. Maps would be useless for Navigation if you are so paranoid that you deny it Location permissions.

Samsung Wallet permissions do make sense. I've posted why on another post here on Samsung Members.

If you want technology to work for you, you need to "trust" it.  

Higira
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Trust is a big word. Honestly I don't trust any big corp because let's be honest, they are selling our data lol. It's just something we have to live with. On the other hand, I followed your instructions and it works.
MrNavrajSingh
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Yes, Google is trying the best, idk if they really care, as you said that Google maps has plenty of permissions, maybe Google will not sell it. It is what I think. Everyone will see everything in other perspective. Maybe Google is safe, maybe not.
0 Likes
Higira
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
No, google is 100% selling our data. Literally advertising is how they make money lol. As you know advertising is always bundled with consumer data. Just take a look at Facebook and any other tech company.