Original topic:

Screen broke without dropping or being rough with S10 Plus

(Topic created on: 10-07-2019 07:22 AM)
Zidanet
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Hello,

I bought my S10 plus about a month ago and I've been very gentle with it. On Saturday I put my phone in my pocket, and when i pulled it out of my pocket the screen was broken near the bottom on both sides as if it was squished. Only my phone was in the pocket and there are no buttons or anything that would have hit it and my pants are not tight. I didn't do anything that would have broken the screen, and ive had no other issues with the phone so I am extremely confused about how this happened. I have tried to get into contact with support but have yet to hear a reply.

I cannot afford to pay 400 bucks to get the screen replaced especially considering I just bought this phone. If I would have dropped it or something I would own up and save for the screen replacement, but I didn't treat the phone roughly at all.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Tristan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I've heard of defective screens that cracked, but it's rare. Unfortunately, it will need to be brought into service and inspected. I believe they should be able to trace how the crack happened.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Comments
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
Hopefully you took out some sort of insurance as your going to have to own up to the fact your screen has been damaged and say what you will but putting your phone in your pocket and then taking it back out and the screen us damaged???? Sorry but its very hard to believe.
I put my phone in my back pocket all the time, I've sat on it in my back pocket with absolutely no issues. So very hard to see how as you say you put it in and took it out of your pocket and the screen cracked.
Zidanet
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I know its hard to believe. Even I dont really understand what happened. I've noticed a few other people with this same issue, but theirs cracked from the power button inwards, not along the bottom like mine.

0 Likes
Solution
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I've heard of defective screens that cracked, but it's rare. Unfortunately, it will need to be brought into service and inspected. I believe they should be able to trace how the crack happened.
0 Likes
Zidanet
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I'll do that. Im hoping its something that will be covered, but im not going to keep my hopes up. I appreciate the reply!

0 Likes
Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
If worse comes to worse get your carriers device insurance then make a claim a few days later. Rogers offers 1 free screen replacement per year under my contract. Only thing I can think of to help you out without breaking the bank!
0 Likes
Nikki3293
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
hello,
looking for info...my screen is flashing don't know why...never dropped it never put it in my pocket. can it be fixed?
0 Likes