Original topic:

SD card

(Topic created on: 11-23-2023 12:04 PM)
Members_dtMMnC1
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Samsung stupidly drop out the SD card slot for the S series.  Why???? It is so useful. Stupid thing Samsung ever did to the high end models. My family have 7 people will buy other brands that have SD card slot.

8 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I absolutely agree! 

If Samsung's argument was related to ip ratings, maybe, but as long as there is a SIM tray, they could have easily included the sd card slot. 

Yes sd cards are not as fast or reliable as internal storage, but it's very useful to have. Being able to backup on the device, without needing a computer or OTG device, or having to use Cloud storage, which isn't necessary always available or anywhere near as secure as on device storage. 

ivanchow4
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Absolutely the sd card slot was really useful.

Can save money too by buying base model and adding sd storage capacity of your choice.

That is the problem, if they kept sd card slot in the current phones, how would they sell the higher capacity 512 gb and 1 tb storage options.

They remove it and they force you to spend extra on higher storage options.

It's all about the profit.
0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
While I do agree that the SD card was very useful, cause of them, I have a few lying around with no use anymore... 😑

I have to wonder, where have you been? It's been at least 3 years that the SD card was removed... and you just found out now?
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Well, that was the ONLY reason I was hanging on to my S20 Ultra for so long.. I was hoping that Samsung would repeat what they did once before, bring back the sd card slot.. That and I wanted One UI V6.0. 

But I really do think that Samsung should unlock the Bootloaders of devices that are no longer eligible for Android version updates. 

0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I also agree that the bootloader should be unlockable.

But judging by the posts here how so many people don't know how to read or search, I'm not sure it's a good idea... imagine the posts that comes in afterwards... 🤦‍♂️
SgtStubby
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
They want us to buy a Google storeage account
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Nah, if anything Samsung's got an arrangement with Microsoft.. One Drive is slowly replacing Samsung's Cloud. 

Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, please be assured that Samsung always strives to provide the best user experience on the device, We’ll ensure you that it will be considered as feedback and value your time contacting us.

We certainly bring it to our team for further review.

Hopefully, the feature that you are expecting might be added in future.

0 Likes