Original topic:

Speech to Text Gone

(Topic created on: 10-04-2021 02:23 PM)
Members_uWsJGfE
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

Hello,  

I have a Samsung Galaxy S20.  Occasionally, I will use the speech to text feature when texting or messaging.  It usually appears above my keyboard as a microphone.  After the last update, it is gone.  No matter what I do, or where I look, I cannot figure out how to put it back.  I have never used Bixby so that shouldn't have any affect on it.  I do use Google (usually when playing song on Spotify in the car).  Not sure what else I can do.  Does anyone else have this problem, and if so, have you found the answer?

Thank you,

7 Comments
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Yeah the Samsung Keyboard is weird. I use SwiftKey keyboard & the mic is always there.

With the Samsung Keyboard, I see the mic, until I start to use it, & then it disappears. I don't know if it's intentional or not? 

See the screen shots. 

1 October 2021 205538 GMT-0400.jpg

1 October 2021 205548 GMT-0400.jpg

IcbotKicksButt
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
i don't know if this will work for you cause I have the Samsung note 20s and had the same issue. Go into your phone settings select general management, select keyboard and default, and then turn on Google Voice type also, turn on keyboard button on navigation bar. That should prevent it from disappearing. hopefully this will work out for you..?
YutakaShigeta
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Thank you so much! I was wondering what happened after the update. If they took this feature away I would definitely get an iPhone.

SheMacShe
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

This was so helpful.  I tried everything but only this worked.

THANK YOU SO MUCH

kcmich
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Thank you it was very simple and informative.  And it worked!

AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I have an A20 and never ran into this problem. Sharing this just for your information if it helps.
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Welcome to the Samsung Members Community Canada. Since the issue occurred after an update, we request you to try the wipe cache partition and check if the issue still persists.

Turn off the device.

Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.

When the Android logo displays, release both keys.

An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.

Press the Volume down key several times to highlight "Wipe cache partition".

Press Bixby / Power key to select.

Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.

When the process is complete, the Reboot system now is highlighted.

Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

0 Likes