Original topic:

UI 4 Usability Issues

(Topic created on: 12-29-2021 11:38 PM)
Jbb8s5
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Anyone else have major stability and usability issues after the new update was installed?

Clicking on links is non-functional, apps are crashing often, clicking on attachments in texts doesn't work until you close and open, then you end up pressing X multiple times cause it's opened the attachment multiple times.... Probably the worst update I've seen released in a long time. Feels like a bad beta release.
0 Likes
9 Comments
Wassco
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I did a complete fresh wipe of my phone after the 4.0. And have not had a single issue. So my experience may be different then yours..

S21 ultra
0 Likes
Jbb8s5
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yeah I really don't want to do that... And we really shouldn't need to get to that point on a flagship device. Hopefully Samsung can build an update that'll help soon...
0 Likes
Wassco
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I agree, you shouldn't have to go through this headache. Hopefully they do better on the next update.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Yes, you probably should not have to Factory Reset after an Android version update, but I have always done it, & never, ever had any problems.

However, as has been reported & posted several times here on Samsung Members, there was a problem with the update itself.

Samsung has been MUCH better & faster in getting Android version updates released, this time something went wrong with the update, although it doesn't seem to have affected everyone.

Samsung pulled the One UI V4.0 updates for the S21, but it looks like they are resuming the updates, so likely everyone who already has the One UI V4.0 update, will likely receive a new update shortly.

But a Factory Reset won't ever hurt. 

DiogoPM
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I just updaded my Galaxy S10+ and now there´s some kind of balloon floating on my screen (Letter T inside a green balloon), i cant remove it, tried holding the balloon and searched on the settings but nothing worked.

Am i the only one with this problem?

0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S

Go to 3 dots top right in message app, then settings, then notifications and check if Show as bubbles is turned on. If it is on you will get what you are experiencing.

0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
When you hold it there will be an X at the bottom middle of the screen where you need to drag it to
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Jbb8s5, I suggest you please try performing the wipe cache partition by following the instruction below and write back to us.

Turn off the device.

Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.

When the Android logo displays, release both keys.

An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.

Press the Volume down key several times to highlight "Wipe cache partition".

Press Bixby / Power key to select.

Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.

When the process is complete, the Reboot system now is highlighted. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

0 Likes
Toxicfire
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Do exactly this. After a update I always do this and if you still have issues after that then your stuck waiting for samsung to issue a new update.
0 Likes