Original topic:

US phones in Canada

(Topic created on: 02-09-2022 07:18 PM)
SirDragonHeart
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hi everyone! I haven't used the community before and am looking for an answer before I pre-order the S22 Ultra!!! I live in Canada and as usual Samsung doesn't provide the higher memory phones to the Canadian mobility companies! So since I can not get the 1TB version of the S22 Ultra I want to purchase off the Samsun site! I just want to make sure that if I do that it comes unlocked so I can use a Telus (Canadian mobile service) Sim card with out any issues? Anyone know?
0 Likes
10 Comments
Fadii-ca
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
All phone purchased either directly from Samsung or mobile provider will be unlocked.
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Would work, you can even use a Patched version of Odin to change the model to a W just like a Canadian phone. Your biggest worry is if you need to warranty it you'll need a way to return it to the US since you'll have a Samsung US receipt...
0 Likes
italgrl72
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
What's Odin...I have a samsung note 10 plus from the US unlocked but can't add my debit cards to samsung pay!! Need help
0 Likes
abadub
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
did you ever figure it out?
0 Likes
Yielar
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Ordered 3 S22s today and noticed the 1TB version of the S22 Ultra available in every single colour on the Canadian Samsung website today. Make sure you order directly from the Canadian site so you don't pay extra for exchange and possible brokerage fees etc. I always just order directly from the Canadian Samsung website and cut out the carriers.
0 Likes
SirDragonHeart
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I checked and it said 1 TB was only available on .com
0 Likes
Yielar
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
They mean only available directly from Samsung. I just went to the Samsung Canada website and put the 1Tb S22 Ultra in my cart to test it out. Go and buy it. First time I've seen the 1Tb available from the Canadian website. Went with 512gb myself as that should be plenty for me along with all my cloud storage
0 Likes
SamKa22
Active Level 2
Galaxy S

Make sure it is samsung.com/ca/ <--- that CA part is Canada. The Samsung HTTPS port 443 server has no domain record for just samsung.ca for their store. Instead, Samsung Canada is using the .com domain with a sub-section for Canada.

0 Likes
SirDragonHeart
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Or does that just mean you can only get it from samsung not from any other vendor? Hmmm never thought of that. Just assumed .com was US cause it usually is but they do the .com/ca so makes sense! Thanks for the heads up!
0 Likes