Original topic:

DISHWASHER RACK RUSTY WITHIN 2.5 years

(Topic created on: 11-15-2023 12:03 PM)
cind1
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others

I've been using my samsung dishwasher (Model DW80R2031US) for about 2.5 years ONLY. This dishwasher was very lightly used (we ran it about every other day). We also have a water softener installed and organized the dishes in the dishwasher according to the manual. However, the dishracks are now getting quite rusted already! We called Samsung who quoted us a price of $500 to $600 for replacement racks and informed us that our warranty is only for 1 year (which we knew already). However, I find this absolutely ridiculous that a company would provide racks that rust just outside of the warranty period!! A dishwasher is useless without the racks so really, Samsung is selling dishwashers that are only meant to last 2 years or less (since we only used it every other day!) and then they will charge an arm and leg to replace the racks! Has anyone faced this issue and is the only solution to buy a new dishwasher from another more reliable brand?? 

6 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

If you are a Quebec resident, you may be able to take advantage of Québec's Consumer Protection laws. 

To paraphrase, if a product does not last a "reasonable" length of time, the manufacturer may be forced to replace / repair the product, even after the warranty expires.

EDIT: Should you happen to be in Québec, here is the link:

https://educaloi.qc.ca/en/capsules/the-legal-warranty-automatic-protection-for-consumers/

SgtStubby
Active Level 9
Others
We had the cheapest dishwasher from Bestbuy do that. Luckily we had the extended warranty and we even got a nice upgrade to a midrange dishwasher. A whirlpool that's been fantastic.
0 Likes
SgtStubby
Active Level 9
Others
We have a local independent appliance repair shop that keeps parts from salvaged dishwashers and other appliances. You might try that option rather than spend a fortune replacing with new.
0 Likes
hasandvca
Beginner Level 2
Others
You are absolutely right,Samsung appliances are junk.They should have covered the plastic racks under the warranty.
0 Likes
annmaried
Beginner Level 3
Others

I'm also experiencing the same problem. I have had my dishwashing only 20 months and both top  and bottom racks are rusting. I will never buy Samsung again. Unfortunately, it is cheaper to buy a new dishwasher than replace the racks. I'm so disappointed with the quality.

0 Likes
KEVTANI
Beginner Level 2
Others

I am now on my second set of racks going on 3 years after Samsung stating there is a 5 year rack warranty. Clearly they know there is an issue and have yet to resolve it with an improved revision. This last round took 2 months, 3 phone calls and 4 chat sessions to get the top and bottom racks replaced. This is clearly a top down issue in which Samsung does not care enough about customers who buy their products in good faith that they will perform and endure as promised. I will soon be posting all of my chat sessions, photos and correspondence. Good luck and do not pay for the racks!

0 Likes