Original topic:

Looking forward to the Z fold 3...

(Topic created on: 02-25-2021 02:52 AM)
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Options
Others
https://youtu.be/B4KmBfksWXk

After watching this video, Huawei has gotten you beat Samsung. Take this as a feedback from a consumer... if it ever even makes it out there lol

Huawei has gotten you beat because of a few reasons:

1 - The screen is just perfect. It is more like a traditional phone. The Z fold 2 has a bigger outer screen compared to the original, yes. But it is still a bit too narrow. Make it a bit larger like the Huawei. It doesn't look bad and still looks comfortable to hold.

2 - Huawei has both screens at 90hz refresh rate. I would've taken that over the 120hz inner screen and only 60hz outer screen. The difference is so obvious when using the phone. It's not a smooth transition

3 - The cameras. Honestly, the Z fold 2 should've had the Note 20 Ultra's camera. Not sure why you guys cut that back. The Huawei really has the whole package...

4 - They still include earphones and a charger in the box... lol

5 - There's literally no gap in between when the device is folded.

A few things that Samsung has over the Huawei is you guys have an inner camera and wireless charging. Other than that, Huawei really has something good going on.

The only real thing that's holding them back is not having Google services in their devices.

Now there's a lot of rumors going around already for the Z fold 3. Like the S pen support for example... I'm hoping you guys at Samsung are taking notes to bring out a great foldable next.

Also, there will be a lot of foldable competitors this year... Xiaomi, LG, Google, OPPO... lots of companies are gonna come out with foldables. I've read that Samsung will be supplying those companies the screen but still...

One false move and you guys will lose a bunch of customers over other brands lol

Just food for thought :)

8 Comments
Halston
Options
Others

Hi Deeezzyyy,

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us. we are taking this as feedback. Your feedback is important and will help Samsung create a better experience for all users.

Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Others
Thanks 😄
0 Likes
Montreal1
Active Level 8
Others

Hello dear members,

Let me give you my humble opinion about all those people who keep complaining about Samsung devices and comparing them to other manufacturers and making suggestions that Samsung should add this or that feature or accessory. : Why not get together and make your own phone. Personally, before I buy anything I read the specs, look at what's included with the device and if that doesn't suit me I look elsewhere and most of the time I go back to where I started because I find that it's not better elsewhere and that despite the small changes like the wall charger, I can still use a charger from my old device. So please ...

Same goes for those who complain about promotions, they buy a new device not because they need it, but to get the "freebie". In French we say: "if it's working, don't change it."

Have a good day

--------

Bonjour chers membres,

Laissez-moi vous donner mon humble opinion à propos de toutes ces personnes qui n'arrêtent pas de se plaindre à propos des appareils de Samsung et de les comparer aux autres fabricants et de faire des suggestions que Samsung devrait ajouter tel ou tel fonction ou accessoire : Pourquoi ne pas vous réunir et fabriquer votre propre téléphone. Personnellement, avant d'acheter quoi que ce soit, je lit les spécifications, je regarde ce qui est inclus avec l'appareil et si cela ne me convient pas je regarde ailleurs et la plupart du temps je reviens au point de départ car je trouve que ce n'est pas mieux ailleurs et que malgré les petits changements comme le chargeur mural, je peux toujours utiliser un chargeur de mon ancien appareil. Alors SVP...

Même chose pour ceux qui se plaignent à propos des promotions, ils ont acheter un nouvel appareil pas parce qu'ils en ont besoin, mais pour obtenir le «cadeau». En français on dit: «if it's working, don't change it.»

Bonne journée

Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Others
Hello dear members,

Let me give you my humble opinion as well.

If we could all make our own phones that would satisfy our own needs, it would be a perfect world lol. But since we don't have the knowledge and/or ressources to do so, we depend on these tech giants.

Just as you are entitled to your opinion, so are others.

Why do people compare one brand to another? It is because they are direct competitors. And what do they do? They compete to give out a product that would attract the most consumers possible. Hence why there are many comparison videos on YouTube from many many tech reviewers and the company themselves compare their devices to others at the reveals showing what's being done in a better way.

What is wrong with giving suggestions and hoping they would add features? What is wrong with hoping they would give you what you want/need? If you are the type of person that'll just take what's given to you without voicing an opinion, then that's good for you.

Obviously before buying, anyone should read at what's included and all the specs and see if they are ready to make that compromise or not for buying that specific brand/device versus another. A small change for yourself could be a deal breaker for someone else. It does not make their opinion obsolete.

With a tech world that's constantly evolving, sometimes an older charger isn't sufficient. Or an older pair of earphones won't work with the newer devices and so on. So people voice their opinions/complaints because not everyone wants to spend that extra cash or can afford to after spending on the device itself already since the prices keep going up.

As for the promotions/gifts, they are the incentives to make people want to buy. Anyone would be mad if they bought something and weren't given what they were promised. It's human nature, believe it or not.

I am a proud owner of the Z fold 2 and S21 Ultra and I am more than satisfied with Samsung products. But it doesn't make them perfect. They still have room for improvement and there always will be. Hence why I voiced my opinion in this post hoping they'll give us the satisfaction of having one or 2 or more of these points in their next foldable. These points are also based on the many comments from others in other forums/videos and etc and not just mine.

On that note, thank you for your humble opinion.

Have a good day and stay safe!
Others
Because of point 3 and 5, I did not buy the Fold2. But this is a nice post. 👍🏼

Thanks Deeezzyyy!
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Others
Thanks! 😁
0 Likes
Jiwon23
Active Level 5
Others
Is this phone same price with Fold2? I believe it is much expensive than Fold2 and Huawei copied Fold2 apparently.
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Others
Yeah, the phone is only out in China and converted is over 3k$. They decided to do the inward folding now instead of outwards so that the screen would be less exposed to damages and scratches.

We could say that they copied the fold 2 but they definitely did it better.

But that's why I'm super excited to see how Samsung is going to retaliate with the Fold 3. I'm sure it'll be good!
0 Likes