Original topic:

SD Card can't be read after update on S8

(Topic created on: 05-02-2020 01:49 PM)
Zucker
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others
My SD card can't be read for some reason after updating. It says that there's no SD card. It's not corrupted because it can be read on PC. What should I do? 
0 Likes
12 Comments
keagan
Options
Others

Hey Zucker,

Please unmount the SD card and perform wipe cache partition. Please reinsert the card and check if it works.

mytech
Expert Level 3
Others
Could try popping that SD card in your computer to see if that can read it 🤷
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others

@Mytech

He wrote this : It's not corrupted because it can be read on PC

0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Others
Oops I totally skimmed over that 🤦🤙
I was thinking slam the card in the computer copy everything, delete the card, pop the card back in the phone and copy everything back 🤷
My question, would there be an issue depending what's on the card?
Like if apps are installed on it 🙃
I use an Sdcard but I only put pics on and my downloads on it👌
0 Likes
candiesgirl
Beginner Level 2
Others
after last update my sd card is saying read only...I cant view my videos or pictures
0 Likes
GNak
Beginner Level 2
Others
I have this same error and I have performed the wipe cache partition suggested in another post. didn't help
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Others

HI GNak,

Firstly, make sure the card is working properly. Try another sd card and check if the problem is with one particular card. I suggest you to backup the information on the sd card to avoid any data loss.

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others

Can you provide us a printscreen of what you see to tell us it's  not working ? I know it was working before but be sure you have the right card for your device and try to see if you have trouble when you are in safe mode or you'll  have to make a factory reset after having backing up the device

As information only :

Many people , when they change their device, they put the same old SD Card they had in their old phone for years in the new phone even if this SD Card don't respect the new phone's specification. Exemple,  if your device can take 4 K 60 ips videos  and you save everything  on the SD Card, you need a card that can support 4 K 60 ips read/write .(U3 V30)

It's  like putting a Volkswagen's motor in a Lamborgini and trying to win a race. 

I suggest you to read carefully this article we wrote

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/Others/All-about-SD-Cards/m-p/2941101#M19683