Original topic:

Unable to reset password to secure folder

(Topic created on: 04-07-2023 09:56 PM)
Alex1515
Beginner Level 2
Options
Secure Folder
I have forgotten the password I set to my secure folder. When I attept to enter a password to reset my password, there should be a tab to reset my password, but there is not. How do I gain access to my secure folder. I do not care about the current contents of the folder, but I do need to reset or recover my password access it.
24 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Secure Folder

This should be how you can reset the password for the Secure Folder:

If you have forgotten your Secure Folder password, you can reset it by confirming the Samsung Account you used to set it up.

• 1. Open Secure Folder on your device.
  • 2. Click "FORGOT PASSWORD". 
  • 3. On the next screen, login with your Samsung Account. If you forgot your Samsung Account password, reset it here.
  • IIf you don't see the option for "Forgotten Password", Go to Settings > Apps > Search for for "Secure Folder" > Scroll down to Storage & Clear Both Cache & Data for Secure Folder > Reboot & Try again to Reset the password. 
engalemad
Beginner Level 2
Secure Folder

Hi,

we applied above steps but still not showing "FORGOT PASSWORD "  and  it says "try again in 10, 30 and 60 minutes"

Please your advice!

Cylvania
Beginner Level 2
Secure Folder

This is to reset the Samsung password not to reset the PIN for a secure folder

Helenna
Options
Secure Folder

Thank you RedDogRabbit.

Hi, please follow the steps provided by RedDogRabbit to reset the password for the Secure folder and try to access it.

0 Likes
Secure Folder

it. doesn't show/work for any of the users.

How is it that event Samsung's own website (checked) offers a path/troubleshooting that does not even exist as a possibility.
Spent half an hour a few minutes ago with Samsung's support, and the dude had already received all the ways I've already tried only to receive same alternatives that didn't work.

What a bunch of BS.

Cylvania
Beginner Level 2
Secure Folder

This is to Is to reset the password for the Samsung account not the secure pin

0 Likes
Arhum65
Active Level 2
Secure Folder

The inability to reset the password to the secure folder has become a major dilemma for the company. This has caused a disruption in operations as the secure folder contains vital information that is essential to the daily tasks of the business. Without access to the secure folder, many of the duties of the employees are hindered, leading to delays and decreased productivity. The inability to reset the password has become a concerning issue for the brand company of and must be addressed quickly in order to restore normal operations.

SallyDanger
Beginner Level 2
Secure Folder
I have the same problem. When I go to my secure folder it asks for my password. It does not say "FORGOT PASSWORD"
I attempt to enter my password and it says "try again in 60 minutes"

How do I reset my password?
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Secure Folder

So you don't have this screen? 

login.png

0 Likes