Original topic:

Galaxy Watch Burns AGAIN

(Topic created on: 06-24-2021 04:54 AM)
shey1213
Beginner Level 3
Options
Wearables

This is the second time I am posing this because the first time they said it was 'solved but it has not. I recently posted this on the US server and they said they would escalate it to the ones who were in the manufacturing country but I haven't heard anything and I got another flare of burns again this morning. 

I have had my galaxy watch for over a year now and it has been wonderful, except for an issue that started a month ago. 

I once noticed that my skin under the watch face (not the band) was very itchy. I looked under and it looked like a bad rash or burn had started! I switched wrists for a while, but the burn has not gone away. Then today, I noticed another burn starting on the opposite wrist now too! 

I never wear my watch in the shower and rarely wear it to bed. This hasn't happened kn the first year and is a new thing that's started to happen!! Anyone else having these issues?! 

20210624_075010.jpg

26 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Wearables

Hi, When you wear the Galaxy Watch Active2 for a long time or do a high-intensity exercise while wearing it, skin irritation may occur due to friction and pressure.

If you wearing your Galaxy Watch Active2 for a long time, remove the Galaxy Watch Active2 from your wrist and do not wear your Galaxy Watch Active2 for several hours.

Skin irritation may occur due to an allergy, environmental factors, other factors, or when your skin is exposed to soap or sweat for long periods.

In this case, stop using your Galaxy Watch Active2 and wait 2 or 3 days for the symptoms to ease.

If the symptoms persist or worsen, immediately call your doctor.

Make sure your skin is dry before wearing your Galaxy Watch Active2.

If you wear a wet Galaxy Watch Active2 for a long time, your skin may be affected.

If you use your Galaxy Watch Active2 in the water, remove foreign materials from your skin and Galaxy Watch Active2 and dry them thoroughly to prevent skin irritation.

0 Likes
Samsung_qqZ2MDZ
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

20220501_212758.jpg

20220501_212716.jpg

Does that look like minor skin irritation or allergic reaction to you?

Samsung should come clean and address the issue. Photo shows serious burn. Incident occured several weeks ago and it happened suddenly (not over a period of repeated use). Watch back plate simply heated up, hot enough to burn skin. No, no intense exercise involved.

I am waiting for Samsung to get back to me regarding this. 

0 Likes
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Wearables
Seems like you're wearing your watch really tightly. We can see the mark on your arm. I would suggest cleaning the watch regularly and wear it a bit looser to allow your skin to breathe.

I have fairly sensitive skin and I've never had any issues with my Samsung Watch. I wear it to bed and all. Only take it off to shower and to charge.

Never had an issue.
NasJiJi
Active Level 6
Wearables
it is not a burn. Your having an allergic reaction to whatever the material they're using (could be from strap or whatever the material on base of watch). allergic reactions from certain metals is not uncommon and severity will vary person-to-person
0 Likes
Wearables
Yeah is defo a reaction to strap materials.

If you can find a strap made of something else that fits the mounts (& assuming watch backing isnt same stuff causing reaction) it should fix it

If not/warranty still good a return/refund may be your only opt, w would be unfortunate.
0 Likes
shey1213
Beginner Level 3
Wearables
It was not a reaction to the straps, as it is nowhere near where the straps touch my skin. It is only under the actual watch face where the sensors come into contact with my skin.

Thank you for you comment though!
Jackmay
Active Level 4
Wearables
I clean the watch sensor every day with a clean dry cloth and 2 time a week I clean it with alcohol swab. I have no more problem with my skin. I hope this will help you.
enrai05
Active Level 4
Wearables
I had similar issues a few months ago, and now it stopped. I still wear my watch for at least 9 hours without taking it off per day when I go to work, still wear it when I workout, and still wear it when I sleep.

My solution: turn off automatic heart rate sensor. It still detect my heart rate automatically when I workout or when I take a longer walk, but the regular routine measurement was turned off. Since then, I haven't had burns on my wrist.

Hopefully this can help you too 🤞
shey1213
Beginner Level 3
Wearables
Thank you, this was actually helpful. I know it had to be the sensors because the bumps were right where the sensor makes contact with my skin.

I appreciate the comment!