Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy watch active 2 touch screen problem

(Topic created on: 04-15-2021 12:03 AM)
Asad55
Active Level 3
Options
Wearables
Hi, my Samsung Galaxy watch active 2 touch screen is not working. I goggled it and looked like many people are having this same issue. What should i do? Samsung customer service sucks. They are absolutely terrible. 
53 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Wearables

Hi Asad55, Let's try restarting your watch and the connected phone can help solve minor issues.

First, restart your watch. From the watch Home screen, press and hold the Power key. Then, tap Power off. After it has completely shut down, press and hold the Power key again to restart your watch. The watch will automatically reconnect with your phone or tablet after a few moments. Tap the top of the watch screen and then swipe down to view the watch connection status.

Next, restart your phone. Depending on the situation, the issue may not be with your watch, but with your phone or the Galaxy Wearable app. From the phone Home screen, press and hold the Power key. Then, tap Power off. Or, you can turn the phone off from Quick settings.

After it has completely shut down, press and hold the Power key again to turn it on. Once powered on, navigate to and tap the Galaxy Wearable app. Make sure both devices are connected.

Check for software updates. When restarting your watch to fix a problem, be sure to check for software and app updates on your watch and to the Galaxy Wearable app.

Please write back to us if the issue still persists.

0 Likes
Asad55
Active Level 3
Wearables
i have done this step and also reset my watch. the issue still persists.
Valeriya
Options
Wearables

Hi, Please try to uninstall apps from your Samsung smartwatch It is also possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. You can uninstall any suspicious apps using the Galaxy Wearable app or directly from the watch. Preloaded apps cannot be uninstalled or disabled. Apps cannot be uninstalled from the Galaxy Fit.

1. Navigate to the app you want to uninstall. Galaxy Wearable: From your phone, open the Galaxy Wearable app, and then tap Apps. Depending on the connected watch, it may be necessary to tap the SETTINGS tab.

Watch: Press the Power key on the watch to access the Apps screen, and then swipe to the apps you want to uninstall.

2. Uninstall the app. Galaxy Wearable: Tap More options (the three vertical dots) in the top right corner, and then tap Uninstall. Tap the Delete icon next to the app, and then tap Uninstall to confirm.

Watch: Touch and hold the Apps screen, tap the Delete icon next to the app, and then tap the checkmark to confirm.

0 Likes
Bran4398
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

If Asad55 said his watch’s touch screen is not working, how does it help that your suggestion requires him to tap Power Off and then swipe the watch’s screen? 

Crystallynn9783
Beginner Level 3
Wearables

I'm just wondering I'm reading this all because my touch screen is not working so how am I to tap power off if the touch is not working? Kinda hard to tap anything if there's no touch response right? Or is it just me???

Helper0204
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

If you continue to hold down the power button it will eventually turn off. This process takes about 30 seconds. 

0 Likes
ashnic69
Beginner Level 4
Wearables

Mine will not shut down by holding the power button for over 30 seconds.  Tried several times for over a minute and nothing happens.  The touch screen has completely stopped working I have a galaxy watch 4

0 Likes
ashnic69
Beginner Level 4
Wearables

Same thing.  My touch screen is not working.  Watch will not let me power off without touching the screen?

0 Likes
Members_IE8M4Gk
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

I have the same issue. It started happening 2 days ago. The touch screen is unresponsive and it seems to have a mind of its own. I have rebooted it and done a factory reset. It is maybe 14months old. This is not a software issue. This is a hardware issue.