Original topic:

Samsung Pay

(Topic created on: 06-03-2023 01:18 PM)
onyx83
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables
Hello, I added my visa debit card successfully through Samsung wallet, but when I use the plugin with my watch 5 pro, it's saying only credit cards are supported. My bank is in the approved list. Please anyone that can help would be greatly appreciated. 
11 Comments
Wearables
Watch can only support Credit Cards. Debit Cards cannot be used on watch. Not sure why. But is normal that you cannot use debit cards on watch.
0 Likes
onyx83
Active Level 1
Wearables
I was told from Samsung support, it was a bug with Samsung pay. So now I'm just really lost! Can someone please figure this out. Literally the reason I bought the watch, lol doesn't make sense it won't support visa debit cards.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Wearables

I'm not sure of the date of this article from Samsung, but according to it, you should be able to add BOTH Credit & Debit cards to your watch. 

I don't know if there's been a change because of the update from Samsung Pay to Samsung Wallet?

As for Samsung Support, they have been known to make mistakes. 

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/apps-services/import-your-samsung-pay-cards-to-a-new-samsung-smar....

Screenshot_20230603_173215.jpg

onyx83
Active Level 1
Wearables
Okay, so it states both can be used. I'm using it fine with Samsung wallet on my s23, so they must be able to fix it right?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Wearables

That is what the article from Samsung says. But I'm not sure of the date of link?

0 Likes
AxaCan
Active Level 7
Wearables
It says November 4, 2022 at the top of the article
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Wearables

Thanks. I was doing 3 things at once & didn't catch it. Also explains the Instagram link lol 👍🏻

0 Likes
AxaCan
Active Level 7
Wearables
Ah! les hommes multitudes 😉
0 Likes
AxaCan
Active Level 7
Wearables
Pas multitudes, mais MULTITASKS!