CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
I don't really see why that content should not be allowed. If people pose about it, that's because they find it useful or noteworthy. And yes, updates are exciting and a hot topic here so I think they should remain available. If things get technical well people could learn from it or just ignore it. Banning that is just too radical

The rest of your points are valid however.
Community Manager

I hear you both @Echo1 and @CHMultimedia, valid points on both ends! While posts about updates are definitely important and a great news source for a lot of people, I agree that they can bury posts from users looking for device help.

I think we have two options here: how would you feel about a stickied megathread like this one for hot topics that come up? Alternatively, we can look into creating an additional "Updates" category for these posts. Let me know what you think!

Also, now that the new comment policy has been posted, we're going to crack down on inappropriate content. It would be very helpful if you flagged any posts or comments you see that are in violation of the policy 😊

Cheers,

Sabrina

Echo1
Expert Level 3
if you read my post I never said ban anything... in fact I said if there is a need in the next sentence that maybe a Tab at the top of the main page could a solution. Then again it might be you reading to much into it oh and thanks for my points being valid
Echo1
Expert Level 3
@Sabrina...
I think a stickied mega post would be very helpful for things like updates etc as like you mentioned it can bury posts for members who are looking for advice/help with their devices
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
@Echo1 Well your post implies that posts about updates are useless, thus spam, thus should not be allowed. That's the logical conclusion. But you may very well have thought about another Avenue to solve this solution so I apologize if it was the case.

@Sabrina +1 for stickies! Ideally one for each series (S10 series, S9, A 2019...) to avoid having a sea of stickies too. Perhaps having the main post with the latest OTA's information too? Like:

"S10 series updates megathread.

Here's the details on the latest update for the S10 series:

Β€ Version: G970WVLx2ASF6/G97xWOYV2ASF6/G97xWVLU2ASF6
Security patch level: 1 June 2019

Changelog:
Β€ -New feature: Night Mode for Camera
Β€ -Bug fixes
Β€ -Security Enhancements

β–  Updates are rolled out progressively. It may take up to a week to reach your device.

(since there's always a healthy amount of discussion about what's new in the updated and that the OTA changelogs aren't descriptive on that matter, saying only that the security of the device was improved)". And/or the Updates category works too.
FatranendesonCon
Beginner Level 2

thanks

@Community_Moderator wrote:

If you have

CsxtypeS
Beginner Level 3

@community_moderator 

I admire the work that has been put into the Community Guidelines! The application of these guidelines help make me feel like there is a bridge between Samsung and private users like me. 

Thankyou! Now I can drink my peppermint tea in peace Smiling Face 

J

Community Manager

Hey @CsxtypeS,

Thanks for your kind feedback! We're striving to build a vibrant community here, and it's great to know that our efforts are appreciated.

Also, welcome to the Samsung Members community! I hope you stick around, we love to reward our loyal Members 😊

Cheers,

Sabrina

Alanys
Active Level 6
Is it possible to know if a member could be hacked?
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Nothing is hack-proof. But I doubt there's anything to do to determine if a member was hacked.