Original topic:

πŸ“Œ Community Guidelines discussion megathread πŸ“Œ

(Topic created on: 07-09-2019 08:17 PM)
Options
Community Guidelines

If you have any comments or suggestions about the Community Guidelines, feel free to post them in this thread!

Related comments and threads will be moved into this megathread in order to keep our forum nice and tidy 😊

65 Comments
mytech
Expert Level 3
Community Guidelines
Alors intégrez Stranslate dans le forum 🀷
Google translate fonctionne bien aussi 🀦

So integrate Stranslate into the forum 🀷
Google translate works well too 🀦
0 Likes
Community Guidelines
I love the new posts! very clear and easy to follow with the community guildlines. I wish we could have a forum that is shows all the badges and achievements, what they represent and how to obtain them!
Options
Community Guidelines

Thanks @Shaggyskunk1, on the ball as always!

@ZMAHD, we might update the post later with more detailsβ€”I'll keep everyone posted!

Cheers,

Sabrina

Community Guidelines
I strongly agree with this post. How I interpret this is that it's very similar when working at a job, making a lot of mistakes, getting spoken to by a supervisor, a written warning and then termination.
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Community Guidelines
I think the overall idea is good and since I joined Samsung Members 4 yes ago it has come along way, but at times I think we are getting away from what the members app was all about... Helping other Members out....
Post after post saying the latest update has been released ie Bell has released, Roger's has released Telus has released etc etc is in my mind pointless, if there is a need for this then can we create a tab on the main page for these sort of posts, Also the same for those people who are interested in the development side if things a separate forum would be great.

Let us please remember what the Members app was originally designed to do and that is 'help other members out' in a polite manner.

As mentioned above pm's would be great, being able to report inappropriate post and they are acted upon in a timely fashion (not the next work day) as they can stay on the forums for 2-3 days which after all isn't what Samsung wants as a welcome on their members forums.

Lastly and please don't take this to personally (no names mentioned) but some members treat this as their own personal notice board again it's not what this app is all about as I know other valued members who used to frequent the forums and now don't for this very reason.

Hope this helps in some way @Sabrina
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Community Guidelines
I don't really see why that content should not be allowed. If people pose about it, that's because they find it useful or noteworthy. And yes, updates are exciting and a hot topic here so I think they should remain available. If things get technical well people could learn from it or just ignore it. Banning that is just too radical

The rest of your points are valid however.
Options
Community Guidelines

I hear you both @Echo1 and @CHMultimedia, valid points on both ends! While posts about updates are definitely important and a great news source for a lot of people, I agree that they can bury posts from users looking for device help.

I think we have two options here: how would you feel about a stickied megathread like this one for hot topics that come up? Alternatively, we can look into creating an additional "Updates" category for these posts. Let me know what you think!

Also, now that the new comment policy has been posted, we're going to crack down on inappropriate content. It would be very helpful if you flagged any posts or comments you see that are in violation of the policy 😊

Cheers,

Sabrina

Echo1
Expert Level 4
Community Guidelines
if you read my post I never said ban anything... in fact I said if there is a need in the next sentence that maybe a Tab at the top of the main page could a solution. Then again it might be you reading to much into it oh and thanks for my points being valid
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Community Guidelines
@Sabrina...
I think a stickied mega post would be very helpful for things like updates etc as like you mentioned it can bury posts for members who are looking for advice/help with their devices