Original topic:

OS update

(Topic created on: 05-13-2018 10:23 AM)
jamesy
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy S
okay, Since I've bought my s9+ I've only received one update. Why is the current patch still a February one? This is ridiculous, it seems like project treble has made software updates much worse than before even though it's supposed to do the opposite
Come on Samsung when are the s9 users going to receive a security update that's not 3 months behind?
0 Likes
4 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Updates have been delayed further because of the bugfix pack they are making for the S9, which apparently itself has bugs. However they seem to have a new stable version passing final FW tests (ARE2), which seems to include the May patch. You'll probably get patched after the S7 gets Oreo (delayed until Late May because of issues, new build has been made, bumping the security patch level too)
0 Likes
Bing
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
How about they give us at least security updates!
0 Likes
Samesung
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Meanwhile in the real world all of your communications have been intercepted by the NSA and Mossad. My only concern is ransomware and even then I'll just toss out my phone lol
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @jamesy, as announced as a Notice, the maintenance release is scheduled to be on June 4th. Thanks for your feedback!

- Wonchul
0 Likes