Original topic:

Koodo not working after update

(Topic created on: 07-04-2022 11:51 AM)
Hilary2
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy A

I installed a Samsung update on my A10s a couple of days ago and since then my Koodo prepaid isn't working. Samsung Canada sent me to Koodo...who sent me back to Samsung Canada...who told me to contact Samsung Hong Kong as my phone is from there...and they said they cannot do anything unless I can bring it in to a tech centre in HK!  Not very helpful!!! Is it possible to uninstall the update so my Koodo works again? 

0 Likes
24 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Factory Reset isn't actually that bad. **bleep** I've done a few out of boredom lol.

Just make sure you know your passwords & if you use 2-Step verification on your device, it's easier if you disable it before you Factory Reset (I get a text verification from Google when I login after a Factory Reset).

@Samsung_Ben.. WHY is he*ck censored sometimes??? 

W*F is wrong with Samsung's Bots? 

Members_EqJx28S
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A

My A10s also stopped making calls just after the last update. Fortunately it can receive calls. The message says my sim card is not completely compatible with provider..... It worked fine before the update.

0 Likes
Hilary2
Active Level 1
Galaxy A

Yup, that is the same thing I think.  My message said that too and Koodo checked it and said there was nothing wrong from their end, and gave me a new Sim card which didn't work either.

I did the factory reset suggested by reddograbbit (easier to use Smart switch and do that than I expected!) and my phone still didn't work for calls and texts.  I have now given up and ordered a new phone.  The assistant in Best Buy said, as others have, that it was almost certainly due to it being a Hong Kong phone.  

Thanks again for the input reddograbbit and others.

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

According to "Will my Phone Work", it should still work on 3G & 4G, but some bands are not supported.

https://willmyphonework.net/

Screenshot_20220708_105559.jpg

0 Likes
AmandaMaz
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
I have the same problem. Bought from Amazon Canada site and Samsung tells me now that it's from India.
0 Likes