Original topic:

Phone wont charge

(Topic created on: 04-01-2022 10:59 AM)
Samsung_rWWetBi
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A

I have never in my life been so frusterated with customer service. How the actual eff do I speak to someone from Samsung? Ive been to two tech places, both of which have said to contact samsung. Yet, it keeps leading me here. I dont want community support, I would like to speak to someone , an actual human. 

0 Likes
6 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Open Samsung Members app & Click on "Get Help". 

Here you have a choice of different ways to Contact Samsung Support. Whether it be Chat or Phone support.

Screenshot_20220401-141701_Samsung Members.jpg

0 Likes
kstw
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy A

Don't waste your time on chat call if you can. I waited 8 hours on chat and the conversation was closed right as I got the front of line. No one said anything in the chat. Just closed it. 

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy A

Well, I wouldn't either but they said they wanted to speak with someone & not get any help from the Members...

If it was my device, I'd start with using the Diagnostics on the Samsung Members app, to see if there's any obvious issues..

But they want to speak with someone, so? 

0 Likes
macer1
Active Level 6
Galaxy A

Have you figured out what is preventing your phone from charging, whether it is the phone itself, the charging cable or the power adapter?  Have you tried to reboot the phone or tried other methods?  Sometimes it is a faulty connector from the charging cable.  I know that the micro USB connector after a while doesn't connect properly to the phone so I went through many, many different cables.  I used to buy just some third party micro USB cables for my Note 4 and after a while, it would have issues charging.  So I finally found out it's the cable's connector so I ended up buying new ones. 

It's much better to spend the money on the official Samsung cables for that reason so when I got my Note 8, I didn't buy any 3rd party cables and stuck with the Samsung.  No more issues.

0 Likes
Brantley
Options
Galaxy A

Hi Samsung_rWWetBi, 1.Verify the device's components.

If your device is reporting that the temperature is too low to charge, unplug the charger and allow it to return to a normal temperature before proceeding. Verify that the device, charger, and USB cable have no physical or liquid damage. Check the USB connections for corrosion and bent pins. The USB cable should be secured firmly in the charging port with very little mobility. If your device detects a poor USB connection, an error will be displayed. Inspect the device, charger, and USB cable for dust or other foreign materials.

2.Soft reboot the device.

3.Charge your device using a Samsung travel charger for at least 1 hour.

4.If possible, test to see if your device works with an alternate Samsung charger.

5.Power on the device. Disconnect the device from the charger, and then attempt to turn it on by pressing and holding the Power key for 15-20 seconds.

If your device still has the issue, please visit the nearest Samsung service center by using below link https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/service-center/

0 Likes
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
/\

0 Likes