Original topic:

carrier name on status bar

(Topic created on: 02-07-2020 03:50 PM)
Baspi
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi.
I'd like to find out how to get the carrier name (e.g. Rogers) to display in the status/notification bar on Android.
On iPhones you usually see the carrier name in the top left corner of the screen, that's what I want to get on my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 10).
Is it possible, and if so how do I do it? I usually travel and I need to see what network I'm connected to fast without pulling down the notification bar
Thanks.
19 Comments
Galaxy Note
well if you swipe down from the quick panel once, you get your carrier name on the bottom of the dim section. However, Make sure you have updated to the latest Software. Check out this schedule:

http://pileetan.blogspot.com/2020/07/samsung-devices-software-updates.html
Baspi
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
ik but that's what I wrote that I dont wanna keep going just to check
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
you could use an app for this probably, try searching status bar customize
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Unfortunately, what you're asking is not available on Android without root. You can have apps providing widgets if you want, but not what you're looking for.
afgzee
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

It is available on android just can't find it on my Samsung galaxy s10 5g. I have a Huawei p40 Pro and in the past other Huawei and HTC android phones they always give an option 

0 Likes
Members_W7dRfMO
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

Why would it suddenly need root? I've never used anything but android phones, and it always showed the carrier name on the very left of the notification bar, until recently. It reminds me that my crapoy phone hasn't screwed up my cell carrier connection.

And why would anyone ever question the need for this? This is NOT normal for the carrier name to be shown at the top. Even a previous phone of the same model I'm using now always showed the carrier name.

Why are you pretending this isn't normal android UI info?

0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
Not sure why you would want this, of course this is just my opinion... In my mind this would just make it look very cluttered. And if you really need to know because you forgot who your carrier is then do as mentioned above or go into your settings to get the info.
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy Note
My carrier reminds me every month who im with.
mjfreespirit
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

So does my carrier. But it doesn't remind me when I'm roaming, what roaming carrier that I am on.

0 Likes