Original topic:

My Note 9 screen is going off as soon as I make or receive a call

(Topic created on: 02-27-2020 04:52 PM)
SomnathK
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
My Note 9 screen is going off as soon as I make or receive a call. As a result I need to press the power button every times in order to get the normal in call screen. This has started happening fron Yesterday. So far the in call screen used to go off and come back automatically i.e. go off when the phone is near the ear and come back when it is moved away from the ear.
9 Comments
Galaxy Note
Try to clean the Proximity sensor located on the front screen. Proximity sensor allow the screen to turn off when close to the ear during a call and will automatically come back when it is leave your ear.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi @SomnathK,

The proximity sensor might be obstructed. Is there a case or dirt that is on your screen? Try cleaning your screen and trying the call again. Try also restarting the phone!

Cheers,

Jeremy

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
is that what affects the adaptive brightness as well? Because recently, I have noticed some weird behaviour of the auto brightness. When I need brightness, it dims or stays there. hmmm
0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
Do you have a screen protector on that's isn't the one that came with the phone?
0 Likes
SomnathK
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
yes. was using one but removed.
0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy Note
a lower quality screen protector can cause this as it blocks the sensor
0 Likes
DjRagnar7
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
I want a nice launcher for my note 10 plus any ideas would be great thank u.
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi @DjRagnar7 - if you could, please make this a separate post on Themes! That would be great and would help us address it separately, thanks:]

Cheers,

Jeremy

0 Likes
annTterra
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Clear
0 Likes