Original topic:

Note 10+ camera settings( camera resolution)

(Topic created on: 03-26-2021 01:17 PM)
Addi
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy Note
Hello, I'm using a note 10+ with the latest software updates running Android 11 with one ui 3.1. I was using my camera recently and noticed in the settings as can be seen in the attached photo there is no longer an option to change resolution (picture size) when taking photos or videos with the front or rear camera. Is this only me? When did this happen & why? Is there somewhere else for me to go and change these settings? I'm pretty sure this was possible on the note 10+ before. Anyone else having the same experience?  Is this only affecting the note 10+ or new models as well, note 20 models, S20 models or S21 models?

13 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
This is affecting S10 and Note10 series
Addi
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Is this due to the recent one ui 3.1 update or was it caused when we received android 11 with one ui 3.0?
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Addi
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Thanks for reposting this video. So based on the video it was removed for photo taking and moved to the top part of the main screen for taking videos. It's a nice place to have it but they should bring it back for taking photos as well.
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
I would like to get all new features in a future update..like on S21* but @BDTech say this: it's a hardware feature, the phone is running 4 cameras at once, it takes a lot of processing power to do that.
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy Note

Hey Addi,
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. As mentioned by Cassidy, it affects the S10 and Note 10 series phones. Please note that the features and specifications of the device will vary from one version to another version as part the update.
Thank you Cassidy for your information.

0 Likes
Addi
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
Is this something that can be brought back in a future update?
Deśpair
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy Note

So samsung has simply chosen to cripple the Note 10 series camera capabilities and not fix it? 

What a bunch of utter bs. This is the last shamesung device or product that I'll ever own. Game optimizing service issue for how long? Crippling the camera, screen burn in while within warranty but get told it's wear and tear lol.. yeah they can shove it up their arse. 

Anyone find a workaround for this by chance since this was originally posted?

Samsung_yCmeKhp
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

It's called planned obsolescence. And don't **bleep** tell me you don't practice it or not anymore, you've been accused and found guilty of this. You're nothing but greedy pigs. Theres a war going on, good VS evil but if we don't band together the they're gonna keep bending us over and **bleep** us folks. 

0 Likes