Original topic:

Note20 Ultra 2 days hands on experience

(Topic created on: 08-15-2020 05:04 PM)
Tallman
Options
Galaxy Note
Hi everyone,

Been using my Note20 Ultra for 2 days now. I can give some quick reviews about the new phones.

First of all, phone size is about the same as Note10+, just very little larger. So, holding the phone has no problem to me.

Keys and SPen, All keys are now on right side and SPen swap to left side. Managable, after 2 days, starting get used to.

The phone come with the screen protector and writing on screen is so smooth. 

Ok, let's get into some details. 
Wireless Dex - I tried on my TV, works smoothly. Very excited, few steps and done. Very happy.

Live caption ( I think available on S20 )
Amazing for English as a second language users. I tried on youtube, played a video. The phone shows captions while The youtuber speaking at the same time. This will work on any video that without subtitle or caption. Very nice.👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Some improvements on Samsung Notes. Now Samsung Notes can put inside a folder now. 😄

Also, the manu bar can moving anywhere you want. PDF can import to Notes...etc.

Camera - let's see some examples

Colours seems lighter, but close to DSLR.

Wide angle, normal, zoom (5x) and 50x

With Sun light, 50x zoom is ok to me. But of course don't expect any detaiIs. Again, smartphone with 50x zoom, amazing camera in Note20 Ultra.👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

I also tried 4k video and 8k video. I am not going to upload these files. The 4k video playback is smooth. However, 8k video playback is not smooth. Maybe I saved in SD card. I will try later save in internaI storage. Here is screen capture of different resolution on 4k and 8k.

8k has more details and more clear.👍🏼

There are more features to find out. Will try them later.

However, battery seems to be drain faster when screen is on. I have turn off 120Hz and use 60Hz only. Perhaps I need to use it for a week so that the battery will get better? If I not touch my phone, battery is good. My phone hold the battery level at 90% from 8am - 12pm. Once I read forum, whatsapp and watch youtube, battery drop faster than my Note 10+. Maybe I need to adjust some settings.🤔

*** New added

Yes, battery still in learning stage. So I think battery will go faster during learning stage like in Note10+. Will see how's the battery goes after learning stage.

***Added @ 7:35pm

Sorry guys, I am not a gamer. Hope some members can give experience on Note20 Ultra gaming.

General speaking, Note20 Ultra is a wonderful flagship smartphone in 2020. It inherit all Note10+ good stuff, but also have improvement and fine tunes in existing apps.

I only have one concern for this phone is, the camera lens. with such a large surface, do I need the protective cover for the lens? 🤔

13 Comments
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy Note
Good review, thanks for sharing, definitely makes me want one lol I've never had a note, so I'd be interested in a write up on the benefits of the s pen and what features you can do with it
Galaxy Note
Thank you. Too much to write up. Only 2 days, still exploring my Note. There are more on this phone. I have not cover everything.
0 Likes
TheApostle
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Great review, I pre-ordered mine a few days ago, cant wait for it to reach. How did you get yours so early?
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Can you take some pictures with the Note 10+ and compare with the Note 20 ultra (day and night, interior also when low light )  ? This is the part that interest me. I'm surprise that the're is not more details in the 50X picture with a 108 megapixels captor ? lens.

Also, it's a knowing problem for the 8K, 8k video playback is not smooth, nothing to do with SD Card (if you have a U3 V60)

What about the adaptative fonction for 10 to 120hz  , it's supposed to manage it ? 

Galaxy Note
@Cassidy - I will try.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note

Tallman 

I hope you can do it, it should be fun to compare 

8k has more details and more clear

This is really making a big difference but was it 4K 60ips ?

I forgot,  when you are at  120hz or make a lot of pictures/videos does the Note20 is coming hot ?

0 Likes
Underdog
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
these are awesome man. thanks for the insight!
Galaxy Note
No problem 🙂
0 Likes
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy Note

Hi