Original topic:

About the problem of S23 Ultra calls

(Topic created on: 04-11-2023 10:21 PM)
ououou
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
New cell phone, It always happen that when answer the phone can not hear the voice of the other party. It's the type where there's no sound. You have to restart it. What the hell is going on here. Thank you for your answer. 
0 Likes
7 Comments
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, please run the diagnostics for the SIM.

Open the Samsung Members app and Click on Support >> Phone Diagnostics and run the Diagnostics for the SIM and see if you get any error messages. 

Also, please perform Reset Network settings on the device and check for the issue.

Go to Settings, and then select General management >> Find and select Reset >> Choose Reset network settings >> Tap on the Reset settings button >> Tap on the Reset button.

Note: When you reset the network settings, the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth information connection are reset.

You can also boot your device into safe mode and check if any third party app is causing the issue.

To enter Safe Mode, please perform the following:

1.First, completely power off the phone.

2. Then, power on the phone and when the Samsung logo appears, press and hold down the Volume down key.

3.If done correctly, "Safe Mode" will display on the bottom left corner of the screen. If "Safe Mode" does not appear, repeat the steps above.

4.Once you are in Safe Mode, you can remove the third-party app that is causing issues on your phone.

5.To exit Safe Mode, simply restart your phone and it will reboot normally.

Paulo88
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I'm having something similar but the opposite, the other person can't hear me.

Sometimes they hear a very loud static noise. 

It has happened on regular calls and WhatsApp calls.

I did the instructions above and still have the same issue. 

I think that might be the microphone since I also get issues with video recording.

Sometimes I get my phone super hot while trying to call someone. 

I used my SIM card in another phone and I don't have no issues.

It's has been very annoying!

0 Likes
kamran0072
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Same problem facing I need to restart or eject Sim it work for 4 5 hours after can't hear the voice of the other party .
0 Likes
Levi1231
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Same issue. For weeks I have had to restart my phone in order to hear audio when making or receiving calls. Works well for about 6 hours and then no audio again. Tried every troubleshooting step that I could find from the internet, cellular repair shops, Samsung tech support, including a complete factory reset. Took it to Samsung's local certified repair facility and they said it was the third time they had this issue within one hour and they have no fix. We're not alone. I am now sending it myself to Samsung for diagnosis. I will let you know what they say in about a week.

0 Likes
Levi1231
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Same issue. Sent to Samsung Certified Repair facility through Samsung Support and it is a hardware issue. This was the service order sheet description of defect and repair:

Defect Description SPEAKER ISSUECHARGING BOARD DEFECTIVETOP ANTENNA DEFECTIVE
Repair Description Sub board (charging port) replacedSpeaker replacedTop antenna replaced

Below is the list of parts replaced:

0001 GH82-30559A A/S REWORK KIT-B/C(COMM),SM-S918;SM-S918 1
0002 GH96-15632A IF SUB PBA ASSY-SM-S918U;SM-S918U,USA,DA 1
0003 GH96-15662A ASSY SPEAKER-SM-S918U;1410,2.3mm,1.2W,FP 1
0004 GH97-28443A MEA REAR-TOP;SM-S918,OPEN,BLACK 1

I've just received it back and it is working for now. The test will be by tomorrow morning to confirm it is still functioning and we can consider this issue fixed.

There seems to be no software fix available as I tried everything and local Samsung certified repair shops said it is a hardware issue so that is why I sent it in. I will update on the confirmation of functioning by tomorrow.

0 Likes
Levi1231
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Same issue, tried everything on Google and Samsung's tech support recommendations. Eventually I sent it into Samsung through their technical support repair service. The rear speaker, antenna and USB port were all replaced. Phone has worked well now for two days. Seems it is a hardware issue.
0 Likes
Members_FgAvWwK
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I also have the same problem. I cannot hear the voice of the other party when making or answering a phone call. I bought my s23 ultra 3 weeks ago and the problem appeared just the other day. Bought and activated another sim card, done reset all settings, re-start, sim diagnostic and safe mode but to no avail. 

Feeling disappointed given the price, as the flagship unit of Samsung. 

Hoping that Samsung address the issue the soonest possible😌

0 Likes